GreaseSpot Cafe

New Jersey

Seth

OK New Joisey, whatever, da garden state, u know wat i mean?

Give us the low down, the 411, u know wat i mean?

So tellz me dez tree tings, OK?

1) What exit?

2) Where's the best hoagie in your town? (near dat exit)

3) Where's all da hot chicks, or babes go? (if your a chick or a babe then tell the other chicks or babes where the dudes, dawgs, or guys go?)

OK? Whatever, u know what i mean?

Seth "i really don't tawk like dat, yeah, right!"

"Why you be here four hour? You go NOW!"

• 4 months later...

Hey I am a Jersey girl. Don't live there no more. But spent the majority of childhood and young adulthood there. Got in twi there, at the ripe old age of 11

I am from Trenton!! well Hamilton Township. - Don't know the exit

What about the best Pizza - Brothers Pizzaria on Hamilton Avenue out in suburbia - there is one in the Mall too.

Hogies,,,, hmmm,,,, can't say that I know.

But if you want a good Canoli (sp?) there is a little bakery toward downtown Trenton on Hamilton Avenue called Little Italy. Yummy.

Never got into the bar/dating scene in Jersey.

Hope these places are still there. Haven't been in Trenton in oh,,,,, let's see,,,,, 15-18 years

• 1 month later...

I remember that I used to go over the "Trenton Makes - The World Takes" bridge to buy beer when I was 17, cause it was too hard to buy beer in PA when I was 17..........

Good ole Trenton.

There is a nice Chinese Buffet there that I like to go to now, also, I just buy my beer in PA now, also, I'm not 17 no more.

(all said imho)

Your almost there, just don't screw up.

• 1 year later...

Sethdude...

Exit??? I forget...it's the Trenton/Bordentown exit off 206...

Best hoagie I ever had was from Italian Peoples Bakery on Mott St. in the 'Burg...

Ummmmmmmmmmmmm....number tree (three) I couldn't tell ya, I've been outta Jersey since '91...my last job there was working for the Trentonian, before it turned into a rag!

Free...love to chat witcha sometime...I'm on AO Hell too...addy in my profile...

Midnight...Trenton Makes is still there...alot of new construction on the riverfront...

Peace and Love.

Love y'all,

-Colleen

GO VOLS!!

''...show a little faith, there's magic in the night, you ain't a beauty, but hey, you're alright, oh, and that's alright with me...''

-Bruce Springsteen

• 1 month later...

Ah, yes,...we used to call it the "What the World Refuses, Trenton Uses" Bridge. Okay, I didn't make it up, so don't go stoning me. I was born in NJ, ya know.

Free, when were you in? I got in TWI in '79, at the ripe old age of 15.

Were you around for the Way Home on Stuyvesand? Lois Pearson? The Bodolosky's?

Seth, ya gotta do a road trip to Gino's Steaks in Philly for the best. Hamilton Township has lots of great Italian bakeries. YUM!

quote:
I am from Trenton!! well Hamilton Township. - Don't know the exit

While I'm not from Trenton, I did live in Hamilton Township for 5 years and in Trenton proper for 2 years. For future reference, it's Exit 7a off the Turnpike. icon_biggrin.gif:D-->

quote:
What about the best Pizza - Brothers Pizzaria on Hamilton Avenue out in suburbia - there is one in the Mall too.

While this may be the best pizza in Hamilton Twp., the absolute best pizza is to be found in North Jersey, at a place called Sun-Ray Pizza in Paterson (if it's still there)

I left Jersey in 2002, to move to Michigan. Given my druthers, I'd move back in a frigging heartbeat (bet you'd never hear someone say THAT icon_biggrin.gif:D-->)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...

quote:
Originally posted by nonameplease:

Ah, yes,...we used to call it the "What the World Refuses, Trenton Uses" Bridge. Okay, I didn't make it up, so don't go stoning me. I was born in NJ, ya know.

Free, when were you in? I got in TWI in '79, at the ripe old age of 15.

Were you around for the Way Home on Stuyvesand? Lois Pearson? The Bodolosky's?

Seth, ya gotta do a road trip to Gino's Steaks in Philly for the best. Hamilton Township has lots of great Italian bakeries. YUM!

Free was definitly around for all three.

I have been to Trenton, New Jersey. My buddy lives there now. He has an apartment over looking the river that separates New Jersey with Pennsylvania. What is the name of that river? Is it the Delaware? I was just there this last January as I had some business to do with my friend. Good news the Trenton Makes bridge is still there. My buddy who is a graphic artist even sells tee-shirts of the bridge. I am his screen printer.

Hello all you Joisey people.

• 11 months later...

I lived in NJ 85-88. Jerry Carr was running the Limb. I liverd in Toms Riverand Newton, NJ, 85-86 as a WOW. in Toms River. Jan and Mike Cosentino, were there at the time.

Why doesn't it surprise me y'all are talking food?..Micheal's Bakery and Shanno's Pizza..I'd vacation there just for those two places.

• 1 year later...
Ah, yes,...we used to call it the "What the World Refuses, Trenton Uses" Bridge. Okay, I didn't make it up, so don't go stoning me. I was born in NJ, ya know.<BR><BR>Free, when were you in? I got in TWI in '79, at the ripe old age of 15.<BR><BR>Were you around for the Way Home on Stuyvesand? Lois Pearson? The Bodolosky's?<BR><BR>Seth, ya gotta do a road trip to Gino's Steaks in Philly for the best. Hamilton Township has lots of great Italian bakeries. YUM!

Sorry it took me 3 years to reply to this message, I was in the middle of a bad depression. Yeah let's goto Gino's and speak in tongues they'll point at the sign "speak american" LOL.

Seth