GreaseSpot Cafe

California

nolongerlurking

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Steve S, We were sent to Jeanette PA. with Dan and Vicky as WOW's in 1980-810r maybe 81-82 I can't remember which year it was but we had a blast, Vicky was so much fun and we broke every wow rule in the book lol. Then after F9 we came back to Cali when Dan and Vicky were in Palm springs. Then they were given a new assignment. They were our branch coor.

Again we had a ball, then they moved to Oxnard,Cali. We have kept in contact with them from time to time, but the last time I called Dan, he said that they were separated, what a bitch!

I only hope that they get back together again.

Also Steve, your name sounds very familiar too me, I wonder if we ever met.

I was born in Brooklyn NY, but have lived in Cali since I was 5 years old. and in this house for 34 years.

Dovey....proud owner of two low riders...Dovey's Doxies...... too dumb to post pics http://gscafe.com/groupee/forums?s=9716057...a&ul=4846073735

• 1 month later...

quote:
Originally posted by wyteduv58:

Also Steve, your name sounds very familiar too me, I wonder if we ever met.

I've been confused with a Steve Swenton in Arkansas, and a Steve Swenton in upstate New York, but those are two other guys with the same name. Unless you fellowshipped/went WOW with TWI in Palm Springs/29 Palms, CA, or Glenn Burnie, MD, you likely never met me through TWI.

I do have a ton of relatives that live mostly in Bristol, CT (my father's side of the family). It could be you know, or have met, one of them.

Just a thought...

Steve.

Â¥

• 2 months later...

Hey all you Californians, icon_razz.gif:P-->

Are any of you coming to the reunion in Las Vegas?

go to :

7thCorpsreunion.cjb.net

for all the info.

There is a dinner on sunday night, diner boat cruise Tusday night. Monday is all day at the lake day, a farewell b-fast on Thursday AM.

It is only 6 hours from LA to Las Vegas,

and just about the same from San Diego.... anim-smile.gif

We have driven to Ca many times for vacations. we are going to Angels camp in June too. Driving from Las Vegas.

Taking the scenic route through Yosemite....where I grew up....

Come to the the reuion, it will be fun.. icon_biggrin.gif:D-->

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I know I origionally said only 7th Corps.

That was because I ASSUMED that everyone that was out of the way, was REALLY out of the way REALLY out: body mind spirit. Since there was 276 of us that graduated I was expecting a huge crowd.

I was wrong about that.

But since I stated from the beginning that there would be no bible thumping and no idol worship,

(ie: we don't want to hear exaltations about VPW because we know that he was a bad man) icon_rolleyes.gif:rolleyes:-->, that made many not want to come because they could not pontificate and keep us in rooms doing bible teaching during the reunion. icon_biggrin.gif:D-->

yeah, like we really wanted it to go that way....

So after I realized my assumption was way off, I opened it up to whomever.

The one next summer will be open to whomever also.

I am sorry for exluding anyone please

forgive me icon_frown.gif:(-->

• 3 months later...
  • 11 months later...
Does anyone remember a guy down in Escondido named Buzz or Fuzz Patstone? He had a nice place that he called the Good Seed Ranch. I went there once for a big WOW get together with Johnny Townshend in 1976-77.<BR><BR>What ever happened to Fuzz and the Good Seed Ranch? I remember thinking how wild it was that someone, a believer, could actually "own" a place like that? I was only 19 at the time, and home ownership was very foreign to me...

Hey Jonny :wave:

Wow... I haven't heard about them since I left Escondido in 1987. Their names were Ruth and Fuzz Patstone. I was in their branch. And your right... they had an awesome place out in the boonies of Escondido. They were the most loving people!! They left the ministry after the ROA 1986.(the great split) They were smart, Although, there were a few of us still in the dark. I finally saw the light in 1992.

God is good... Always!!! :D

• 9 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...

Hey all. I just found this site a week ago. I was born and raised in California. Took the class in 75 and spent four years in Chico before going into the Corps. I see many familiar names and have great memories of bay area folks coming to Chico to minister and teach. Chico was a spiritually very dry place but I lived with the greatest believers I was proud to call friends. We always he great fellowship. I was very green in the Word and nobody took the time to relate to me more than Tim Bishop. I thank God for him. Also, Bill McHarg treated me with love and respect and nicknamed me "coolbreeze" our first year in residence. I still dont know what that means. But, he and his sister smiled when they teased me so I knew it couldn't be too bad. Also, I thank God for the people who had to put up with me. The Seeds were very instrumental in my success as a minister and leader. Despite all that went down, I still thank God for them. I know they took alot of blame for things by covering another leaders behind. God be merciful to California.

Got here a few years back from MI. Got into TWI as a kid with Mom and step-dad in the Toledo area. Wondering if anyone knows of Bill Standifer(sp) and his wherabouts. Remember him from my childhood. Used to drive an old volvo wagon, actually i think it was an orange vw wagon. CRS

Hello "Son of the Master," I figure that I must know you at some level. Got into the ministry in Sacramento about the same time. Were you a "college WOW"?

I learned a lot from Tim Bishop, the Seeds, and Bay Area believers also. I remember Chico as being the "party town." Don't know if things have changed ...

"coolbreeze" sounds like a compliment to me!

Clam

Hi. MARK. I certainly do remember you. I saw your name in another blog and was wondering if you would surface. I trust all is well with you and you are still in the bay area in the family business. Married? I spoke with Hans a long time ago and he was in Arizona. I saw Cindy a few years ago in Virginia. How are you?

Hi Son of:

I never know when to call people by their real name on this forum. Even when I know their real name and who they are. So for now I will just call you Son of. I am doing O.K. Lately I have been as busy as a bee. I have had a distribution business for a number of years. The web site is www.dynamoathletic.com. Unfortunately, it does not make a lot of money. It seems like it should, but it honestly does not. So I have gone back to school while continuing my business. This past January I passed the real estate broker's license exam. Pretty good for passing it on my first attempt and without previously working as a sales agent and taking the easier sales agent exam. I went for the whole enchilada and was glad I was able to not choke on it. There was a bit of a gap between actually passing the test and actually receiving the license so I enrolled again at a local junior college in my other hobby which is the study of Internet technology. One of these days I hope to be real smart bro, but I aint there yet. If you have studied Internet technology and written any web sites it can be challenging at times and sometimes frustrating. But I am hanging in there. For the class assignment for one of my two classes I will be building a Christian educational web site. It will be www.christianherald.info. A slow and laborious task, but I am determined to make it a good one. I will let everyone here know when I get it up and running and looking the way I think it should. I have written a few teachings over the years and have permission to post the articles of 3 other bible teachers with, of course, due credit to their work and links to their sites on my site. The three teachers are Ernest L. Martin, Peter Wade, both whom you may have heard of, and Stephen Jones. They are all good teachers so this should be a good educational experience for all.

As for my personal life. No, I am not married. I came pretty close a few times, but for one reason or another there was not complete harmony with these women. And as for who I have heard from, from our Chico house. I have recently talked to Fred Traganza. He got married a few years ago and is doing pretty well living in the San Diego area. His wife, who I have talked to a few times over the phone seems like a likeable gal. Fred and his wife are good friends. I also heard from Bob Tucker. He e-mailed me a couple of years ago and we exchanged a few letters. He is married with children. I tried to look him up when I was passing through Portland, OR on business, but could not locate him. The last I heard he was living in Portland. I also heard from Pam. She is on the East Coast. I also heard via e-mail from Ron just about a year ago. He moved back to Anderson, CA the last I heard.

Well, that is the news from me. The good, the bad and the in between.

Edited by Mark Sanguinetti

Hi Mark, Yeah, I heard Ron was back in Anderson. I thought Pam was still at TWI. She stayed on way too long. She must have just left in the last year or two.

I would like to contact her if you have any specific information. She was the first person I contacted when I moved to Chico in Summer of 75. When did you roll in to Chico? That was quite a large house we had. I enjoyed living there.

Hi Son of:

I have Pam's phone number some where, but forgot where I put it. I should have written it in my address book. Pam is and was always a good hearted lady. I will send you an instant message so that we can communicate with names and numbers. I am not sure why she stayed at TWI so long either. Maybe she thought she could clean up the mess. But I knew beginning in about 1987 that with their hierarchy and religious power structure that this was not going to happen. Jesus would have tossed them all out of the temple.

Edited by Mark Sanguinetti