GreaseSpot Cafe

ILLINOIS

TOMMYZ

I just noticed we don't have an "Illinois" thread so I'll start one. I've been out here in the Chicago suburbs since the middle of 1985; first in Buffalo Grove, then Hanover Park. I've bben in St. Charles for seven years now.

I'm living in AZ now, but I do get back to IL once or twice a year. I left Aurora in 78, moved to Billings MT ,lived a in wayfer home with the Armstrongs (6th corps) and Anderson's.

Went "wow----wee" to Flagstaff/Safford AZ and just decided to stay. Guess you could say I've not been a wafer since 1982. Life is grand and perhaps we'll meet when I visit Ill.

"send cool weather & rain"

JJ

• 2 weeks later...

I was in the first class in Peoria in 72, ran the branch there in 73-74?, and classes in La Salle/ Peru and a few other places. Used to love getting together with the folks from Waukegan in 73 especially cause I got to see one particular girl from there.

If any of you came down to what we billed as "The first Illinois Limb Meeting" in Peoria at the Pere Marquette Hotel I must have met you. It was a great time with Ted and Mardelle, Claudette, and oh yes, VPW and his wife. We had a great time pulling that together. Hardest part was buying the Drambouie for VP, since we were all under age LOL

Left IL to go WOW in PA, and never lived there again. I have gone back often, especially this year, but those trips are finally about done.

Edited by Guest

I would like to invite you all to our annual customer appreciation day at our bar. Also, invite you out to camp out at my house in the yard. We will have a campfire and a time to get to know each other. That will be on the fifteenth of august. If you want bring your guitars and sing around the campfire. Bring your own food. The evening on the sixteenth we will have the party. It is five dollars at the door and will be from 8pm til 12 midnight. You are invited for the whole weekend ending on sunday or just come for part of it if you like. Please let me know if you can come through this thread or private message me. Please remember that this is not a time for witnessing of your own beliefs but a time for relaxation and to enjoy seeing and meeting others.

Sorry I forgot. I live in southern minnesota about ten miles from austin minnesota. If your coming I will give directions on how to get here.

Ok!! I will not try to be a nice person...ok? I will not!!

Edited by Guest

Florida is a long ways away that is for sure. Maybe next year people would have more time to plan and we can have a good turn out. Thanks wrestlenotagainst for answering.

No prob. icon_smile.gif:)--> August is also the time of year that I Trek up to Atlanta for this big ole Sci-fi convention. icon_biggrin.gif:D--> No I am not that deep into scifi, except one series. I run security for one of the guests there. She works for us in the wrestling fed as well.

"For we wrestle not against flesh and blood"..........but hey, I love to see a good Clothesline once in a while

yes chinny I do and we are getting together next month to talk about what weekend for next year...I will let you know the dates after the meeting. Thanks and understand.

• 7 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...

I was a WOW in Springfield,Il 1976-77 and was busy "spreading the word" since we were in a race with the illuminati. Door-to-door in the afternoon and in malls, bars, and anywhere else that revelation led us in the evening. We had to make our numbers for running pfal at least once a month, remember? I would love to contact my wow family. I can't remember last names except for Grant Upchurch but there was Vicki, Nancy, and myself. Can anyone help?

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I'm new to the GS and I saw Michael Olivers name in one of the Illinois postings. I worked with Mike in the early to mid 1980s and I think he moved out west somewhere. Colorado springs to mind (maybe Colorado Springs?). Anyway I don't think that was very helpful to whomever was looking for him.

I've been back in IL since 1983.

There must be an Illinois thread buried somewhere in the archives...

...anyway, 1972- the first IL Limb meeting. First time I met VPW and Mrs. W. I remember thinking he was very real and heartfelt...thanked me for being there...

I was with the Mooncotches ("adults" doncha know) so I was in the presidential suite or whatever it was.

Ted and Mardel are forever in my memory banks...I remember thinking Ted struck me as a white Ronny Milsap wannabee and Mardell was a sorry Aunt Bea at the keyboards...

I was so very pinheaded and wrong...lol.

They absolutely rocked. Wailed. It was a wild and blessed treat. It tipped me right off my snobby presumptions. Now, it would be less than true to say I liked or cared for Ted Ferrell's type of music as the years rolled by...BUT, the man has soul and his enthusiasm and genuine desire to reach out and touch people with the subject of his performances was genuine and appreciated.

Rock on, Ted. I'll set up your snare drum anytime.