GreaseSpot Cafe

Dangerous Chain Letter Warning!

markomalley

I got this e-mail recently and thought I should share it with you:

quote:
WARNING!

PLEASE READ IMMEDIATELY!

THIS IS SERIOUS!

If you get an envelope from a company called the Internal Revenue Service," DO NOT OPEN IT! This group operates a scam around this time every year. Their letter claims that you owe them money, which they will take and use to pay for the operation of essential functions of the United States government. This is untrue! The money the IRS collects is used to fund various inefficient and pointless social engineering projects. This organization has ties to another shady outfit called the Social Security Administration, who claim to take money from your regular paychecks and save it for your retirement. In truth, the SSA uses the money to pay for the same misguided make-work projects the IRS helps mastermind. These scam artists have bilked honest, hard working Americans out of billions of dollars. Don't be among them!

SEND THIS MESSAGE TO EVERYONE YOU KNOW!

icon_redface.gif:o-->

Just when you think that spam can't get any lower, ... we now have political spam icon_frown.gif:(-->

The economy is doing a lot better nowadays. So why can't the author of said political spam do something more useful, ... like get a job?

icon_rolleyes.gif:rolleyes:-->

Thank you dmiller! I thought it was pretty funny...but when I saw the few responses, I thought my failing gray matter short-circuited.

Actually, it's pretty funny when you read it for what it is!

This one has been going around since at least 1999.

Here's another version:

Scam Alert! Warning! Please Read Immediately! This IS Serious!!!

If you get an envelope from a company called the "Internal Revenue Service," DO NOT OPEN IT! This group operates a scam around this time every year. Their letter claims that you owe them money, which they will take and use to pay for the operation of essential functions of the United States government. This is untrue! The money the IRS collects is used to fund various inefficient and pointless social engineering projects. This organization has ties to another shady outfit called the Social Security Administration, who claim to take money from your regular paychecks and save it for your retirement. In truth, the SSA uses the money to pay for the same misguided make-work projects the IRS helps mastermind.

These scam artists have bilked honest, hard working Americans out of billions of dollars. Don't be among them! Please copy this envelope in triplicate according to the guidelines of the "Paperwork Augmentation Act" of 1999 and then tear up all three of these envelopes a hundred pieces and send the pieces to the following address:

IRS, "FORM 1040 - NOT EZ"

Rejected Refunds Division

Office 1600, Room 412, Cubicle 13, Desk 7, Filing Cabinet 6, Drawer 3, Space 62, Folder 5

Washington, DC 20000-0000

FORWARD THIS MESSAGE TO EVERYONE YOU KNOW

Those of you who don't have

http://www.snopes.com

saved in your favourites,

I recommend you do so.

I read about this months ago when I sat down

and started to work my way thru the entire

site.

It's one of the sillier e-mail scams, but,

apparently, it's still going around, like the

"just announce you're not going to incur

any income they can tax, and they can't

touch you" e-mail.

No, you'd still have to pay, and probably add

on late charges plus a fine for being an idiot

and dragging it out.

quote:
Besides, I thought the title of this thread meant the "chain letter warning"

was dangerous, meaning "don't take this seriously if you see it"...

I got SEVERAL e-mails warning me of the dangers of "opening' the IRS "envelope" ( that was a clue right there! envelope? and e-mail?).

So I had to post that "spoof" message thing. icon_cool.gif