GreaseSpot Cafe

EAster Candy

Hummingbird Eggs???!!??? Tlady, I never heard of that! I bet you gotta cook a gozillion of 'em to balance out the plate with only two pieces of bacon on it...

It's hard to make that change, When life and love turns strange. And old.

To give a love, you gotta live a love. To live a love, you gotta be "part of". When will I see you again?

Same here Steve-o...and it would have to be Russell Stover's chocolate. Also, the only good way to eat Peeps in to punch a hole in the package and let them get stale for a few days...yummm.

I always liked those chocolate egges (I think the were Russell Stover too...) that you could slice. They had caramel and fudge and nuts in them...they were really good.

For all you ''Peeps'' fans:

http://www.marshmallowpeeps.com/

Peace and Love.

Love y'all,

-Colleen

GO VOLS!!

''...show a little faith, there's magic in the night, you ain't a beauty, but hey, you're alright, oh, and that's alright with me...''

-Bruce Springsteen

You know, it's interesting the parallels between religions.

Easter, with its custom of passing out candies and other sweets, follows the period of fasting and abstinence known as Lent.

The interesting parallel goes with the Muslim religion. Their holiday Eid-ul-Fitr celebrates the end of their period of fasting and abstinence known as Ramadan. With this holiday, celebrations including feasts and the passing of candies out to their children are done.

I don't know if there is a similar custom among Jews, but it would be interesting to find out.

The other surprising issue is that there is not more of an outcry among some conservative Protestant leaders against the custom of passing out candies during the easter season (although, I'll admit I've heard of some fundamentalist clergy that have expressed their distate with the eggs, chicks, and rabbits -- as fertility symbols). I would think that they, wanting to separate themselves completely from Catholic-like customs would want to eliminate this custom, as it gives reference to the end of a "season." Have any of you who participate in conservative Protestant denominations/ parishes heard any outcry out of the pulpits on this issue?

(Not trying to start up any controversy, just curious)

i think i am conservative and protestant and a fundamentalist....but i have never seen a focus to "separate themselves from catholic-like customs" in all the churches i have attended. the church i attend now just had a stations of the cross service and of course, rented out a theater to show mel's "catholic" movie....i think there is a move to bridge denominational differences.

i have never heard anyone in the pulpit denounce the traditional Easter practices...or chicks and rabbits and eggs, oh my. i have seen them hold easter egg hunts. and i have never seen anyone denounce catholics either (unlike twi).

okay...back to topic....as a child, i just had to have a white chocolate easter bunny (my favorite)...now i just settle for the pastel M&Ms.

Long time-no see!

I don't want to sound spoiled, but in this area I might have been...

We'd get, instead of those 'ordinary' (lol) chocolate bunnies, in pink, white, and I forget what else (plural kids, who cared after you got yours)...but they were pastel bunnies in lovely colors.

It was nice to have a Granny that worked downtown, I guess.

The baskets would be covered in tinted cellophane too!

Peeps weren't the biggie for us Guys ~ now you know ~ it was the pretty and the unusual

No wonder I'm hard to please these days!

• 4 weeks later...

Dot...yes...the malt balls...the speckled ones. MMMMMMMMMM!

Water Buffalo......black jelly beans...any day, any time of the year....MMMMMMMMMM!

And of course, having grown up just a few blocks from the Russell Stover mansion, I am a Russell Stover freak....especially the truffles. MMMMMMMMMM, Russell Stover dark chocolate truffles.

And guess what? Russell Stover makes 'em in SUGAR FREE. Woo hoo! They're good, too! icon_biggrin.gif:D-->

Reese's Peanut Butter eggs are one of my favorites. Another are the Whopper eggs, and then there is another one that I forgot what it is but I'd know it if I saw it.

I don't eat a lot of candy now though, and haven't bought any for easter. I've been buying Cadbury Roses to prepare for my grandmother's visit (every time she goes to Ireland she brings back Cadbury Roses because they're hard to find in the U.S.)

Personally, I think chocolate is best without having milk mixed in with it. If I could find something like a regular chocolate on a Reese's cup, that would be all I'd ever need.

Can someone take a look at the dates on the earlier messages and tell me whether they are correct or not. I could have sworn that the posts previous to mine were in 2003. Mucking up the dates in a forum envronment is a pretty bad bug and Paw will probably want to report it if it's so.