GreaseSpot Cafe

So what's the best way to store moonshine?

dmiller: Um, well, chemistry is kind of fun, to me anyway. I built a still as an 8th-grade science project.

The proper way to store a banjo is with a trash compactor. icon_biggrin.gif:D-->

Oh, you said you were serious...

Okay, detune all the strings a half-step lower. You want to maintain close to the original playing pressure on the neck and bridge, but leave a little room for temperature expansion. Use a case humidifier to keep the head from cracking and the wood from drying out. Store the case flat on its back, never on its side or standing up. icon_smile.gif:)-->

Little Hawk ....... I should have known that when you mentioned cloggin that there was a possibility shine could be involved icon_wink.gif;)--> There is no other way I can forsee that dance being done.

icon_cool.gif The sun glasses are for Steve and Cindy to cover the red eye they will get when the break into the fiery beverage in the freezer!!

Digi

Do you know a really good way of "smoothing" cheap whiskey?

I was shown long ago, to cut cheap harsh burning whiskey with a little bit of 'Southern Comfort'. It works too. I buy 'military special', or 'Thames River' whiskeys (which are basically the local version of cheap-generic. They tend to be a little hard on the throat though. By mixing maybe one gigger of Southern Comfort into a fifth of rott-gut, if comes out smooth.

In my home, overseas we always stocked the good stuff. Since returning stateside, I was serving 'Chivas' or 'Crown Royal', as we have found the good whiskeys to be so expensive. But recently I have been stocking my decanters with this even less-expensive version.

Try some?