GreaseSpot Cafe

Greasespot Anniversary Bash

Cindy!

Steve and I have our anniversary in April and are going back to the place we had our wedding for the weekend (including a repeat of our wedding feast!)!

That's the weekend of the 10th (of course), so that would be out for the GSpot anniversary bash....BUT...the weekends of the 16th, 23rd, and 29th ARE workable for a party at our home!!!

We would LOVE to see as many of the central area gs'rs who can make it.

Which weekend works best for YOU?????

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The princess and I are flexible and would be up for any of those weekends.

We live about 30 miles north of Kansas City in northwestern MO. We'd probably bring along at least one other person and maybe 6 or 7 others who hadn't technically been in twi, but have nonetheless been affected as tho they were green card signers.

I've got plenty of time and energy to help plan...

quote:
Originally posted by pawtucket:

How about some other get togethers that weekend.

Good idea. Since we're spread all over the continent, maybe state or regional get togethers the same weekend would be cool...get group pics taken and posted.

I have decided to put my discretionary income into getting some debt paid off (all of it by September) and saving up for some changes later in the year, rather than my usual travelling, so I will be unable to attend anything too far from home.

However there are several GSers in neighboring states who it would be convenient to go see, and I think I could figure out how to host something modest.

Lodging info:

I've found two hotels in the area that are willing to work with me on a good rate. One is 1.6 miles from our house, the other is 1.8 miles from our house. They are giving me rates of $50 a night. HOWEVER....I am talking to the manager of one of these hotels tomorrow because I was told that he could give me a BETTER rate!

As far as camping...there is no campground closer than 15.7 miles BUT we have a huge front and back yard and lots of room in our 5 level home for people to crash with sleeping bags, etc.

quote:

icon_smile.gif:)-->

oh you must pay, dmiller...you must PAYYYYYYY

wanna buy some suds for da party????

Heh heh -- actually -- (NOT promising) -- I will be in Indiana around then, and am scrambling to include that week-end in my vacation time, and swing by the *bash* on my way back to Minnesota. Like I say -- not promising -- but you can slap my hand then. icon_smile.gif:)-->

ha -- no it doesn't *turn me on* -- and as I said -- I am not promising to be there, so if'n y'all want suds -- don't count on me to be bringing them.

Right now -- that week-end is a good possibility, but it isn't *written in stone* for me yet. icon_smile.gif:)-->