GreaseSpot Cafe

Proud of my son

oenophile

Ryan, my 16 year old, has been accepted in the high school academically gifted summer program at Johns Hopkins University. He will be taking college honors courses, be held to the same academic standards as the college students in his classes and receive college credits.

I am going to miss him for the six weeks that he will be at Johns Hopkins but at the same time I am so happy that he is getting a foretaste of what college life is about. I hope he avoids getting into mischief since his father did not.

quote:
Ryan, my 16 year old, has been accepted in the high school academically gifted summer program at Johns Hopkins University. He will be taking college honors courses, be held to the same academic standards as the college students in his classes and receive college credits.

Congratulations to Ryan!!!

So proud for the both of you!!

David

quote:
Originally posted by GeorgeStGeorge:

Very impressive! Johns Hopkins has a great reputation. I've heard that it's in a rather questionable part of Baltimore, though. Make sure Ryan stays alert, especially if he goes off campus.

You may be thinking of the hospital, and I would have to agree with you. But the university campus is very nice and situated in a rather tony upper-class neighborhood.

It's always a good idea to be watchful and alert, and I would recommend he go with friends if he goes off campus, but I don't think you should have any undue concerns for his well-being.

Having said that, I know you must be very proud of him, and wish him well on this wonderful opportunity!

From a book called "Really important stuff my kids have taught me"

...build the base of your block tower wider than the top.....

What a wonderful foundation for your future Ryan. I love to see young people go after their dreams. My oldest daughter is about to graduate in 2 weeks from college. I am bursting with pride. Congrats!!

....and for everything else my little college graduate makes me use my master card.... icon_biggrin.gif:D-->