GreaseSpot Cafe

Gene, Sherry Slavit

Allan

Is there anyway to see the whole thread on grease spot? what is this open, close, open close none sense? on other sites I can scroll and read?! is this some default format for you all die hard Macintosh devotees? :biglaugh:

Sorry, Bro, I'm not sure what you mean... "open, close, open close"??? Near as I can tell this forum is pretty much the same as the many others you've been on. The quote function was new to me when I came here but one soon gets the hang of it... Just a regular scrolling-thread forum and, btw, I'm on a normal-though-old Win98 PC so I really don't understand what problem you're having.

:(

Pat, I looked around again. you're right. months ago when GreaseSpot's new format started I couldn't see all the posts on a thread. They were all one-lines connected like notes for a outline. I had to click each row to read what someone said so I didn't return for a long time. I looked around this time and you're right. now the threads I can scroll through and see the posts without opening and closing. who knows where I was? :redface2: operator error.

sorry folks I apologize for being so :offtopic:

gotta for now

as always,

Carl

• 2 years later...

I think someone has some wrong information. I worked with Gene at HQ up until 2008, when I left (HQ and TWI). Gene and Sherry were still married and have a son, Elijah, born August 9, 1992, and just graduated from NKHS. Judging from Elijah's pics on Facebook, I'd have to say Gene and Sherry are most likely still married. Elijah is still a staff kid, living in the unit park, which he most likely wouldn't be if his parents were divorced.

• 1 month later...

Gene is one of the most knowledgeable and intelligent persons I have ever had the pleasure of knowing.

Gene and Sherry are no longer married.

They have a son who is a smart and delightful fellow.

Their son is in the 9th grade this year.

Sherry and son were living in the New Knoxville area as of last May.

I know nothing of the whereabouts of Gene but knowing the love he had for and the involvement with his son

I cannot picture in my mind his heart allowing him to be any where but near.

As far as any current association with TWI goes I can only do the math.

God bless you Gene, Sherry and (name withheld)

This is a really old post but untrue as of 2007. They were graduated way corps working on staff in 2008. Gene was in way publications and Sherry was in purchasing.

Edited by OldSkool

• 6 years later...
  • 5 months later...
7 hours ago, What About It said:

They are in California now. Not sure if they are in or out but They are both on LinkedIn.

They were named in the R and R attemped coop. Unless they repented, they are probably M and A (mergers and acquisitions?).

• 1 year later...
  • 11 months later...
  • 11 months later...

They now have a combine Facebook profile :biglaugh:

I just read a recent blog post. Looks like they have a ministry of their own. Sounds like they became their own splinter group. I don't know how they're paying the bills but maybe the people who attend their fellowship give 10% of their income straight to them. Wouldn't that be something?

Edited by AC04Ohio
to add

On 12/8/2020 at 11:01 AM, AC04Ohio said:

They now have a combine Facebook profile :biglaugh:

I just read a recent blog post. Looks like they have a ministry of their own. Sounds like they became their own splinter group. I don't know how they're paying the bills but maybe the people who attend their fellowship give 10% of their income straight to them. Wouldn't that be something?

Don't they have jobs in education?

Looks like they've set themselves up as some separate ministry, but it's associated with that splinter, Revival & Restoration. 

Teacher Profile: Rev. Gene Slavit | Montana Christian Festival

Looking at the Resources page (links to various "ministries") from the Montana Christian Festival makes me think that the participants are mostly of ex-Wayfer stripe.

"Gene Slavit is a Minister from Rancho Palos Verdes, California and has applied his classical studies degree from the University of Missouri to support Biblical research for more than forty years. He and his wife, Sherry, host freedomlifelight.com from their California home."

Note, he seems to have a degree in classical studies from U/Missouri that he's using as a basis for his scriptural knowledge.  You know without being told what else his "education" (esp in Biblical matters) is based on.

Freedom LifeLight – Freedom in Christ for Your Life in the Light of God's Word

• Upvote 1