GreaseSpot Cafe

Martindale Kids

motorhead

• 1 year later...

they're doing just fine.

I don't mean to sound rude but I probably shouldn't continue gossiping about them. They're good people.

(I know, I started it, bad me, bad!)

Edited by Bolshevik

I guess I don't consider what has been discussed here as gossip... in the first place I don't think anyone holds the kids accountable for what their folks have done so there is no animosity. Mainly there is curiosity. And hope. Hope that they might find their own hobbies, outlets and interests to pursue in life. It appears Leah has done so, and I, for one, am thrilled.

I am not asking for "dirt" on the kids. Just wondering how old they are now and what they are up to, and if it seems like they are leaning toward secular careers or way ministry lifestyles. Is that really gossip?

Good on Leah! She is still a beautiful flautist.

Did she get M&A'd when she eloped? Like the rest of us here - she's thriving on it.

• 2 weeks later...

Yes ExCath, I would have to say that there is a bit of irony in her new last name, considering that teaching her Dad so very long ago. What was it called? "Freedom From Fear", I think. And ya know, I loved that teaching. I think I still would enjoy it...

Edited by Jonny Lingo

I hope the Martindale kids are doing well (which means, I hope they have left the cult)..

...not to go :offtopic: , but Jonny...The teaching "Freedom from fear" states that fear is believing and that all believing equals receiving...and it's delivered in the arrogant style that Martindale was so famous for...Are you sure that you would really "enjoy" hearing it again?...and if so...WHY???

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
I hope the Martindale kids are doing well (which means, I hope they have left the cult)..

...not to go :offtopic: , but Jonny...The teaching "Freedom from fear" states that fear is believing and that all believing equals receiving...and it's delivered in the arrogant style that Martindale was so famous for...Are you sure that you would really "enjoy" hearing it again?...and if so...WHY???

Because it was a great teaching..."The fear of man bringeth a snare (that's in the absolute), but whoso putteth his trust in the Lords shall be safe" (also in the absolute). Proverbs 29:25

• 5 months later...
What are these young ones up to these days? Now that Le*h is certainly a college grad, is she rushing off into the Way Corps? Has little Timm*thy run off "screaming into the night"? I bet they're keeping as far away as possible. Anybody got the scoop?

LE*H GRAD FROM COLLEGE, SAW A PICTURE IN THE WAY MAG.

• 6 years later...

I spoke to Tim this past Summer (2014) briefly at a 4th of July picnic near HQ (took the kids to see the grandparents). I had seen him about a year and a half earlier at a pre-bachelor party TV boxing match viewing at a local sports bar in St. Marys. He was best friend growing up. He never finished college. He's 30 now, has an apartment (?) in New Knoxville or New Bremen and works for a local window washer. I think he bears a lot of the burden of his father. In fact, he looks a lot like LCM and that combined with his unusual personality and his burden, I think a lot of people dislike him or have uneasiness about him. It's too bad, he never had a great chance in that shadow and environment.

Last I knew of Dorothy was a few years back, she was in college at the time (Bowling Green perhaps?).

Leah is married to David Fear and I know she's close with LCM. I think they live in Indiana.

Donna is still on staff at HQ and a real piece of work. Grumpy. Bully. She's the Housing coordinator, I believe.

Last I knew of LCM he was in the Toledo area, but that was at least 5 years ago. I saw he (or someone pretending to be him) made a series of apologetic Twitter posts (26 tweets) in April/May if 2011. I spent. A lot of time in their house growing up.

Link to LCM tweets:

https://twitter.com/LCMARTINDALE

Welcome to the forum, Longhunter.

I took a look at that twitter account, and I don't believe for a second that any of it was written by LCM. Not his style at all. The person who wrote it has serious syntax/communication issues that LCM simply did not have.

By the way, please check the dates on the threads you decide to post on.

Before your update, the last post to this thread was seven years ago! Not that it's a problem, but it is probably something you want to know.

Yes, I noticed the threads were old, but I figured it could be useful to them still or other people none the less. Most of the threads seem to be of some age, so that's what I had to choose from. It seems liked I missed the boat on most of the connections and sharing ... better late than never I suppose.

Thanks, Rafael!

• Like 1

As for the tweets, I was skeptical as well so I mentioned the possibility of an imposter. His syntax and grammar, however, were always screened, edited, and corrected by Way Pub and others. He actually wasn't that great of a writer ... or thinker. The lack of citations in his published works and compete lack of scholasticism are palpable. His talents were never of the intellectual sort - more of a dominate, charismatic, leader type personality. I think the tweets could still be fake, but I'm not sure that the grammar is necessarily the smoking gun.

No bad thing, Raf, to bring up an old thread. Makes it interesting. Better than starting a new one on the same topic.

Glad for your more recent info Longhunter.

I wish the kids well. Didn't know any of them though.

BTW those tweets all start on 1 April. April Fool, somebody!!

There are one or two added in May but maybe the same person was just carrying on the spoof.