GreaseSpot Cafe

What software can I use to back up an entire website?

igotout

Our huge family has been posting on a site called MyFamily.com for a few years. Similar to Greasespot, there are posts, discussions, pictures, history, documents, etc. Each family has their own user names and log in passwords to access their own private site.

I would like to back up this site and all its contents if possible.

What software might I use to accomplish this task? Any suggestions or comments? I hope this is possible because I dread the prospect of copying and pasting.

Thanks - John R.

Yes, it follows every link unless you tell it otherwise. It takes some tweaking to get it right. I had to grab Waydale about five times altogether in order to get just the good stuff without links to ads and whatnot. GreaseSpot One was even harder because of all the godforsaken popups and ads. It was nowhere near as elegant as the Waydale archive.

...scratching the itch of the mortal unknown... mandosmiley.gif

quote:
Originally posted by Zixar:

I had to grab Waydale about five times altogether in order to get just the good stuff without links to ads and whatnot.

Shouldn't that software have an option on which domain names to pull from? Although it's not exactly the same type of software, I use AvantGo with my Clie, and it allows you to only pull from the main domain name if you like.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, Mormon or not, it will not back up using Grab A Site, Zixar. I have spoken to Grab a site tech support. (I am using the free 30 day demo version for now). They said they will get back to me and do some tests. They never did get back to me.

On two occasions I emailed MyFamily.com about how to back up their site. No response.

Maybe they do not want people to back up.