GreaseSpot Cafe

Welcome

pawtucket

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

God bless and thanks you guys for working so hard.

I need to vent, if you want to go you can. A little background first. I decided to leave the Way International in 1989. It was not an easy decision for me. For me, it had to be based on God's Word as that is what kept me around for the time I was there to begin with. I did that and have not regretted my decision. What I find so sad, is that where I have grown and changed and am honest with myself and others I still find that there are people also not associated with the Way that maintain the mental attitudes that caused the division to begin with. People you think you know are hard, legalistic, religious and mean. Then they turn around and want you to feel bad or like in my case I let it get to me and I get mad and I cuss them out. And that isn't nice either and it causes more trouble.

Has anybody been through this, and what did you do to not get caught in a trap?

Thanks for listening and even though I try to act all tough and not let those see, it really hurts me that people feel like they have to force their beliefs on me or confrom to their ways.

Janis

Janis,

I think that can be quite normal when a person has been under such control for so long.

Some birds want to get back in the cage in order to feel "safe", and others fly off never to return once they taste the freedom of flight.

Unfortunately for me, about a year after I got out in 2001, I got married. That was three years ago and now I am going through a dissolution. He was a controller and I wasn't ever going to be controlled again. Perhaps I sought him out to feel "safe" but finally freedom meant more to me than anything else.

Live in God's grace.....

I can't add them either, Oak. I have to type in the :whatever code. :(

God bless and thanks you guys for working so hard.

I need to vent, if you want to go you can. A little background first. I decided to leave the Way International in 1989. It was not an easy decision for me. For me, it had to be based on God's Word as that is what kept me around for the time I was there to begin with. I did that and have not regretted my decision. What I find so sad, is that where I have grown and changed and am honest with myself and others I still find that there are people also not associated with the Way that maintain the mental attitudes that caused the division to begin with. People you think you know are hard, legalistic, religious and mean. Then they turn around and want you to feel bad or like in my case I let it get to me and I get mad and I cuss them out. And that isn't nice either and it causes more trouble.

Has anybody been through this, and what did you do to not get caught in a trap?

Thanks for listening and even though I try to act all tough and not let those see, it really hurts me that people feel like they have to force their beliefs on me or confrom to their ways.

Janis

There ya go, Janis. :)

David

Hey everybody AND PaW and Mr. BoB!!!!,

Howdy and hello. This is a spiffy new site. I hope to frequent it more often. I've been busy with getting a new and better education thus my hiding from public view (besides having four kids who have suddenly discoverd the wonders of the internet and only one computer in the house. ~)(~) Whew. But hello again to everyone and welcome to Janis....I know your story all too well.

Can somebody please pass the creamer?

Thanks,

SlingShot B)

Long Gone, what do you want your handle to be?

Since the guy in the White House stole the one I'd otherwise use, I figured to just go by LG. I changed my login name to that on the old forums, thinking that would become my screen name here. If you could arrange that, I'd appreciate it.

I changed my login name to that on the old forums, thinking that would become my screen name here.

Invision doubled you up by releasing a new version that supported display names, so display names were ported at the last minute.