GreaseSpot Cafe

Special Announcement From TED Ferrell

moony3424

Do I understand correctly that you two just met? (I know you've obviously been in contact by phone, email, letter, what have you)

Wow! Love at first sight, literally :wub:

Yep. You read correctly! We met (again after all these years) right here on GS and had a whirlwind romance with the help of email, phone calls (Ted, do either of us own any communications stock? Y'know we probably ought to by now) and the post office. But, our first face-to-face meeting was Friday, when I insisted on a formal introduction (after all, I am a "proper" southern lady). Ted came down here from Ohio and this was done by one of his Joyful Nose connections (see, Joyful Noise still has a purpose), who are wonderful friends and gracious hosts. Ted had a birthday party for me and showered me with presents (all the while I was crying like a baby)! After this, he went on his knees (Yes, there were witnesses, so you can't get out of it now, Ted.) and he asked me to marry him. :wub: B)

Kathy, we are so honored that you were the first one that we told.

Edited by moony3424

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ted and Moony, Congratulations to both of you. Love is grand and sometimes even grander later in life. My hubby and I married when he was 50 and I was 40. Maturity and respect go a long way also.

Again, I am so happy for you two.

But, our first face-to-face meeting was Friday, when I insisted on a formal introduction (after all, I am a "proper" southern lady)

Wowser! Either Ted must be "hot", you are "hot", or more likely BOTH both of you, heh heh.

First face to face meeting? Wow..

I am really trying to figure out what it is about this internet "thing" :wub:

Ted, darlin' - - I don't know you personally - - just through being in twi from the early 70s to now here at the cafe - - and have learned to love your ever lovin' heart through the years!!! I'm so thrilled for you and Moony!!!!! Woo hoo!

Now, you are just a few years older than me :) - - but this news has restored my belief in love even in our "later" years.....lol

Congratulations to the two of you. I am thrilled for you!

Jean :D

Edited by jardinero

There's a many many roads,

That lead to Chicaaaagoooooo.

There's many roads,

That lead to LA.

There's a many many roads

That lead to a man's heart

But Moony seems to

Have found the right way.

(She found the right way)

hmmmmmm. Give me two hours, and I just might be editing this here! :P

My my! I go away for a few days and when I get online today I see this thread. I was hoping to find something that would cheer me up, but this goes above and beyond!!! I am more than thrilled for the two of you. This is way cool and I wanna hear more about it all in chat Moon Lady. :)

Love you both!

To All Of You;

Thank you all so very much for your heart felt words to Moon Girl and me. It means a lot to both of us

because we did find each other here on Grease Spot.

For way too many years I have traveled alone and lonely I prayed to God that there must be a special someone out there for me. So when the time was right He has bleesed my life with a treasure that is far beyond measure. Moon Girl is more than I ever hoped and dreamed my love would be..I am so very thankful to God that He has brought us together.

We will keep you all updated as to when and where we shall take our vows to become as one flesh.

God Bless All Of You

Thankful To God I Am

Ted

Edited by TED Ferrell

Thank you Chat Kat that is a great funk bllues tune .And hey where did you get the idea I don't like

rockin blues guitars. I loved it .

Man if I would have had that song to play in FL. it might have saved me from getting down on my knees when I proposed to Moon Girl ha ha ha

She is at church right now but when she gets home will have her give a listen .

Moony just in case you forgot this song is just for you and the answer is _ _ _

Thanks again Kathy you de best

Man if I would have had that song to play in FL. it might have saved me from getting down on my knees when I proposed to Moon Girl ha ha ha

Moony just in case you forgot this song is just for you and the answer is _ _ _

Love it Kathy! Thank you!

By the way, Ted this song would have been in addition to your getting down on your knees. That was priceless. And don't you think for a moment that I forgot what the answer is. I KNOW who my man is. B)

Well I reckon I misspoke. It's pretty awesome; I'm thrilled you enjoyed it.

Oh my Moon Girl I had left this thing open and messing around somewhere else and you appeared by the time I posted it. I'm glad you enjoyed as well. And goodness girl but don't you go being all southernly charming as your voice was. Yup Ted, ya did good dude!

Edited by ChattyKathy