GreaseSpot Cafe

Why Texans are So Tough!

jetc57

I lived in Texas for ten years. What amazed me was how many I knew that had never been outside the state. I once met a man who had to be in his seventies living in Ft Worth who had never been outside of Texas. Heck, Oklahoma is only two hours away.

I'm not convinced that Texans are any tougher than the average American. The toughest people I remember meeting are NYC construction workers.

Ex70s - I Knew sooner or later you'd come to the aide of this post!

Thanks. Remember that commercial about the picante sauce cowboy who got HIS and it was made in NY City? All the Texas cowboys laughed and said "Get a Rope".

Have you seen the latest commercial about the Cowboy who road to the Range in his Pick Up Truck, and went to fix his fence and a Rattler bit him only the Rattler died!! Cause the Cowboy was so TOUGH!!! As if a Truck is what makes him 'tough enough to kill a Viscious Snake'. I laughed my self sick the first time I saw that commercial.

:D

I lived in Texas for ten years. What amazed me was how many I knew that had never been outside the state.

You'll find that in any state. With Texas, though, the likely reason is that those who never left Texas talked to those who had and found out that there's nothing much to speak of outside of Texas. (Well, Louisiana has some pretty good food, but you can get much the same in SE Texas.)

Heck, Oklahoma is only two hours away.
Now why in the world would anyone want to go to Oklahoma?
I'm not convinced that Texans are any tougher than the average American. The toughest people I remember meeting are NYC construction workers.

I remember meeting a bunch of them in Texas in the eighties. Didn't seem tough to me. Just rude. But there were a few who smartened up and eventually became adopted Texans.

My ex-wife, who was from Connecticut, used to tell me that I thought that Texas was the only State in the Union. She was right about that, at least.

Edited by LG

In the Texas Monthly Magazine was a sentance that says it all.

In Texas there are certain rights. In rights to life, liberty' and the persuit of happiness in a pickup truck.

Its not a truck if: It has more than one color paint(from the factory).

It has electic windows and door locks.

It has carpet. Carpet does not count if there is mud or cow chips rubbed in.

No scratchs in the bed/ No trailer hitch.

Its jacked up so that you need a ladder to get in.

Trucks are made to work. Use and abuse it.

Jeanette you know what I mean.

Ex70s - I just bet still today you be the MAN with a TRUE TEXAS TRUCK!!

^_^ ^_^ Jeannette (oh thats w/2n's) ;)

I might also point out that Texans are by far the most friendliest of folks I've ever met.

I left Texas when I went WOW, they sent me to Holyoke MA, and I met some nice folks there, but most of them were 'cold, ridgid, reserved', it must be the climate they endure. I've lived in CA, NE, WA, now MO, and People just are NOT as "Howdy Doedy''. Hospitality and the ability of folks to Team Up and really Care about their neighbors is one of the Best Things I have experienced in Texas!

The warm weather, and warm hearted folks. And, of COURSE, the Men and their Pickup Trucks. ;)

I LOATH the ACT OF LITTERING.....

Better watch out for her, tcat. Oh, wait. She was talking about "people who LITTER." You're probably OK, then, even if she does the right thing and gets a gun.

BTW, I hate litterers, too. And I'm not too fond of cats, unless they can type, but I tolerate them better than I do litterers.

Edited by LG

OMG ROTFLOL

I Never Meant the Littering a CAT does. hahahahaha. I LOVE Cats, I have an awesome kitty, who is Persian, and he is Litter Trained. I have to be really careful on here whom I offend, and how WORDS have other meanings.

Don't plan to ever get a gun, so all litterbugs are SAFE.

Does anyone recall the line from Full Metal Jacket ...Ain't nothing but steers and queers in Texas and I don't see any horns on you.

Only a fool tells a Texan that line. The horns are there we just don't advertise.

DMiller that is not a truck thats a toy.

My biggest pet peeve is people with trucks that don't have a scratch a speck of dirt in the bed.