GreaseSpot Cafe

The Bible or twi doctrines and sentiments?

CoolWaters

With all due respect, Galen (and I do respect you :) ) I wonder if it feels like an ambush to PFAL adherents because they can't/won't defend their beliefs. It's practically impossible to have a genuine debate or discussion with PFAL adherents because they start changing the subject and attacking the messenger instead of bringing any proof or basis for their belief. Besides that, they never show up in the Doctrinal Dungeon with any proof or intelligent dialog.

Methinks they doth protest too much.... <_<

The reason I haven't posted mine is because I'm still trying to decide what to post. :wink2:

CW: I had a sociology prof who would try to manipulate class discussion. For instance,she would start talking about homosexuality and then become pushy about getting input from us students. And...NOBODY said anything. So she accuses us of being docile and reluctantly moves on to the next topic.

The reason nobody took the bait, er..I mean...the reason nobody said anything is because she made it obvious that anybody who offered an opinion she disagreed with was walking into an ambush. Same on this thread. Sorry, but you need to be a bit more subtle, I guess.

Gee..........looking back..

Makes we wonder if THAT'S the reason why so many of those we witnessed to (especially the older folks) decided NOT to take pfal. Didn't want to be "walking into an ambush".........?????

A class.........from a obscure little outfit in ohio.

A class.........where all your questions will be answered.

A class.........that if you're five minutes late, they kick you out.

A class.........totally regimented.

A class.........where SIT is an ambush in waiting.

But hey........I could be wrong on this.

:biglaugh::biglaugh:

CW: In order to participate in this exercise, we already have to think in terms of TWI does not equal the bible. That's a red flag right there.

Belle: You posted on another thread that you got in TWI in 1993 and got "sold out" in 1995. So you can't even fathom that TWI was ever any better than LCM screaming marching orders at everybody.

quote: It's practically impossible to have a genuine debate or discussion with PFAL adherents because they start changing the subject and attacking the messenger instead of bringing any proof or basis for their belief.

Not changing the subject; rather, disputing your take on PFAL. Proof? You want proof? Right. My experience with PFAL haters is that if I claim to have gotten a prayer answered by believing or some other PFAL principle, they just come back at me with all this skepticism, and other BS, so it's really just a stalemate. Why bother going there?

Skyrider: quote: A class.........from a obscure little outfit in ohio.

A class.........where all your questions will be answered.

A class.........that if you're five minutes late, they kick you out.

A class.........totally regimented.

A class.........where SIT is an ambush in waiting.

I'm sure some people felt that way. People need their space. My first PFAL class didn't hit me that way, though, and same for many other people. Times are changing, though. I was flipping channels recently and on Comedy Central there was this comedienne who said a friend at work told her about a class that really changed her life. She paused and said, "Sure. I'll join your cult." Lotta laughs.

CW: In order to participate in this exercise, we already have to think in terms of TWI does not equal the bible. That's a red flag right there.

OIC! TYVM!

What was in my head was to look at questionable things we believe...either of the bible or of twi or of anything else that we may mix up with either of those two.

Hmmmm. Any suggestions about how to word a thread title to reflect that?

Again, TYVM!

CW: I'm not saying you shouldn't have a thread like this; I just gave my input about it, my 2 cents. You probably couldn't word it any differently really. It struck me that you were just a bit impatient with mckeanj's questions and it did remind me of the sociology prof, so I opined, but heck, it's just a thread.

One suggestion. Since the intended atmosphere of the thread (just for fun) has been interrupted, and since this may continue because of the responses I've gotten and given to others, it may be necessary to start a thread called "Bible or TWI - Take 2" or something like that. I'm sure several GSers will bite. I didn't intend to derail you, just as I said give my 2 cents. sorry about that.