GreaseSpot Cafe

Episode Number Three

pawtucket

6th Anniversary.

It's been an interesting journey thusfar. The forums are where GS started. People from around the world involved in or affected by The Way International have come here. Some for information. Some to talk. The pages have run the gamut from despair to joy. Fights abound and friends are found.

I like this place

On the 6th annivesary, I wasn't sure what to do to commemorate it. I've been busy working on GS Radio quite a bit and this date snuck up on me. I threw out to a few asking what we should do. The girl jumping out of a cake lost out to a special episode of GS Radio. Taking the reins as interviewer is none other than Rafael and he interviews none other than me. The volume fluctuates in the first few minutes so be forewarned. I will adjust that this evening.

http://www.greasespotcafe.com/audio/Episode3.mp3

Edited by GreasyTech

Do we get to vote on who will be the next subject (#4)? Guess not, the list would be way too long.

You're doing a great job. Know we'll all enjoy #3, and all the future ones. Keep up the good work!

LOTS!!!

In no particular order, but off the top of my head:

• The Richesons
  • Radar
  • WashingtonWeather
  • Mo
  • Ted Ferrell
  • Lindy
  • Nate
  • Linda Z
  • ex10
  • P-Mosh
  • Georgio Jessio
  • Catcup
  • excathedra
  • Shellon
  • Any of the folks from the "cool band" days
  • Chicago Bird - if we can find her

There's more, but those are the ones who immediately come to mind.

One thing I noticed in Paw's story is something that seems to be common among folks here - noticing things that bothered you in TWI, but those things were shelved and not dealt with.

For a group that's so anal about the petiest things (vacumme in a particular direction, string chairs, etc.), how did they ever train us to ignore these things? Kept us so busy so we couldn't contemplate why certain things bothered us? Took advantage of benefit of doubt given to clergy? Promoted a belief that unless you were a "spiritual heavy" you couldn't understand everything and you should shelve it until you are?

Interesting thoughts....

Encore........................Great job you two. Isn't strange so many things a like that ran through our heads but we figured we would understand one day when we became spiritual enough. I think that is what got me so gun ho about the ministry. If only we were able to ask questions and get the true answers.

Can't wait for part two :)

Edited by justloafing

Paw,

I have a greater appreciation for the board now that I know you better. And how it came about and what you saw and fit together to make this place a vital part of peoples deliverance.

The history you shared was very interesting.

Self-indulgent was a good description where you used it of the dancer.

Thank you for how open and honest you were.

And somehow I missed this until now. :redface:

Raf,

Nice to hear a voice for your words and face and of course you did a great job.

Here is part two of the interview. I was having a problem with the sound levels which is why it took so long to get uploaded.

I wanted to dedicate this to the moderators that have helped me in the past 6 years and continue to do so. They have a truely thankless job, but I certainly thank them for their time and effort.

Episode 3 part 2

Paw,

What a treat to hear more of your heart and the background of this cafe. The details about John and Harve were interesting and your comment about the martian :biglaugh: was too fun! How true you were on the number of folks that hauled butt to hear the voice on the other side representing GreaseSpot Cafe.

I think I appreciated the moderators before but I certainly do more now. Thank you to all heartfelt.

Your thoughts on Mike (pfal) were worth the listen alone.

I know I've thanked you openly as well as made you crazy in the background when I first came but thank you for making a way so I could come here and meet some of the most important people in my life. I can't imagine life now without this place having come into it.

And it was Hope most of all that I called when I'd panicked after posting something all eyes could see. She encouraged me and upon my return I would find others who seemed to care for me as well. You may have heard me speak in chat... oh speaking of which I bet that place is loaded tonight... :wink2: ...but I use to come to this site in darkened room with curtain drawn in complete fear I would be found out. :unsure: Thank gawd to be past that. This place of yours sure did help that come about.

Kathy