Time to change the pictures?
Way followers are now faced with the need to make all sorts of decisions in light of the recent news that Craig Martindale has been banished from The Way's headquarters in New Knoxville.
It has been claimed that Martindale is no longer considered Way Corps,
no longer clergy, no longer wanted at TWI HQ, and on "spiritual
In recent years, it has been the practice of Way followers to eliminate
everything originating from the "shunned" person from their lives.
Will Way followers remain consistent with this policy or will the handling of the Martindale situation be another "exception"?
People are watching closely to see how this will be handled.
- Should Way people continue to keep him at the very top of their
prayer lists or should they begin omitting him from their "lift list"?
- Should they remove his pictures from their walls?
- Should they destroy his book "Rise and Expansion..."?
- Should they discard all their teaching notes from his Sunday services, classes, events?
- Should they allow their children be exposed to his "Way of
Abundance and Power" class series whether or not it is presented live
(by a Way Corps person) or on tape by Martindale himself?
- Should they begin to re-evaluate all of the teaching doctrines of the past 15 or so years?
- Should they allow themselves to be subjected to the "Athletes of
the Spirit" video production again or should they destroy the videos?
- Should they attempt to make contact with those who were declared
"marked and avoid" by Mr. Martindale in order to get their side of the
- Should those in the Way Corps re-evaluate their commitment to the
Way's elitist leadership body? Are they now free from their vow?
These questions and more will be going through the minds of Way
followers in the days ahead. Good questions that need good answers.
Last Updated ( Sunday, 28 May 2006 )