GreaseSpot Cafe

Why post at GSC about TWI

templelady

I’ve not had anything to do with twi for twenty years and I go where God sends me and I say what I say and I do what I do because he inspires me. (and as far as I’m concerned that’s normal) not because of ego.

You've been a *member* here, since July of 2003.

You just started posting in April, of 2006.

Not trying to de-rail the thread --

but why wait so long to *say your piece*??

You've been here almost three years.

Just my curiosity at work here. :)

(And no -- I am NOT castigating you. Just wondering.)

Why didn't you say something sooner??

Was there an impetus that caused you to speak up now?

Versus earlier??

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I post my opinion, that God should be INcluded, rather than PREcluded or EXcluded

lets try again--- no one has said you can't include GOd what has been said is that the rest of us object to you unilaterally deciding that we are excluding or precluding God just becuase we recognize other posters rghts to do do

So my statement stands; to not include God in the picture is to preclude God and if anyone thinks He doesn't know or care what's going on here, they need to think again

That is your viewpoint-just becuase you have that viewpoint does not mean the rest of us have to accept it as valid. As to anyone thinking God doesn't know or care what goes on here please show where any poster has said that.

Hey, YOU are the one with the hard heart going out of your way to attack me just because I believe in God and what He says in His word.

Not agreeing with you does not mean one has a hard heart toward God--Why?? becuase you aren't Him

So you don't like me speaking the word of God around here?

There is a difference between speaking the word of God and speaking your interpretation of the word of God.

Say you would't happen to be one of Mikes, in the PFAL thread in Doctrinal forum, associates would you???? I ask because your arguments and assertions have a strangely familiar ring to them

Edited by templelady

So you don't like me speaking the word of God around here?

There is a difference between speaking the word of God and speaking your interpretation of the word of God.

Say you would't happen to be one of Mikes, in the PFAL thread in Doctrinal forum, associates would you???? I ask because your arguments and assertions have a strangely familiar ring to them.

Templelady -- you can do better than that. :)

Edited by dmiller

Not only that but Mo quite freely espouses her lds views on God, so why not anyone else ? And she shouldn't include 'us' so liberally as to not wanting Free2Loves' posts on here in their current format because some of 'us' are enjoying them.

lets try again---

No, let’s not

That is your viewpoint-

That’s right

Not agreeing with you does not mean…

Forget it. I spend my time replying to you and you ignore it and reply to my post to someone else? Forget it.

Tell me what you mean. I don’t understand.

Templelady -- you can do better than that. :)

David,

There are those on this board who carry an attitude that their interpretation of scripture is the only valid interpretation.

All well and good. That's what belief systems are about.

But this is not a sectarian board. Even though I do not agree with your theology on many points (and I KNOW you don't agree with mine), I should still respect your right to hold your beliefs. And should respect you in the process. We should be able to discuss and debate all we want. And when we're done, shake hands and move on.

When a person posts on this non-sectarian board with an attitude of wanting to shove his/her beliefs down somebody else's throat...either directly (you're going to hell if you don't agree with me) ... or indirectly (asserting that his/her belief system is THE truth and others are not even worth discussing) ... that person is messing up.

While I agree that the comparison between the vast majority of members and our "friend" Mike is unfair and a cheap shot, there are some who, through their own posts, have warranted the comparison.

Yep nothing condescending about you is there free?

or indirectly (asserting that his/her belief system is THE truth and others are not even worth discussing) ... that person is messing up.

Thanks Mark for saying what I guess I haven't been able to say in my last couple of posts. You summed it up better than I.

You've been a *member* here, since July of 2003.

You just started posting in April, of 2006.

Good point.

Not trying to de-rail the thread --

but why wait so long to *say your piece*??

You've been here almost three years.

Just my curiosity at work here. :)

(And no -- I am NOT castigating you. Just wondering.)

Good, I’ve had about all the castigating I can take for a while. :rolleyes:

Why didn't you say something sooner??

Was there an impetus that caused you to speak up now?

Versus earlier??

Great questions all, Dave, but, judging from what I’ve seen a lot of people aren’t gonna like my answer.

It's simple. As I said before, if God tells me to speak, I speak, and until He does I “keep it in until afterward”.

Hope that works for you. It's the truth.

Edited by free2love

Well, Free, it's been established that everyone on here is free to speak. You've been welcomed and been warned of what kinds of responses your 'holier than thou' attitude may invoke.

So, now, speak - start a topic - what's on your mind? Please, do, tell us what your god is working on your heart that so prompted you to begin posting all of a sudden.

Well, Free, it's been established that everyone on here is free to speak. You've been welcomed and been warned of what kinds of responses your 'holier than thou' attitude may invoke.

So, now, speak - start a topic - what's on your mind? Please, do, tell us what your god is working on your heart that so prompted you to begin posting all of a sudden.

Already did.

link

Edited by free2love

If GSC "stands up" for anything, it would be for no censorship.

Review about GSC: http://www.greasespotcafe.com/main/aboutus.htm

Nothing and no one. Everyone here has an equal right to say what is on his or her mind. That is the beauty of free speech, which btw, most people used to twi's method of operation do not comprehend.

Review about the forum: http://www.greasespotcafe.com/main/forums.htm

If you encounter opposition when you voice your opinion, enjoy it. Embrace it.

If you want the freedom to speak your mind, you need to be willing to entertain the idea that the expression of your opinion just might find some opposition in the opinion of another person or group of people.

If you can't stand the heat, then I have to ask:

What are you doing in the kitchen? Put on an apron or grab a mop, or sit at the counter and have a cuppa joe.

But don't bitch about the help. They've got their hands full and do a bangup job IMHO

Thank you for the tips and the wise words. They are much appreciated. :)

The reference to Mike wasn't intended as a cheap shot-rather an honest question-- there is a similarity in the "I am right and everyone else is wrong" " I am the one doing God's will" "anyone who disagress with me is Hardhearted toward God" attitude being displayed. I really don't care that any poster holds these beliefs-its when they deliberately ascribe motivations and intentions, to posters who disagree with them, which are totally unfounded such as Hardheartedness, excluding God etc. and then CONTINUE TO DO SO AFTER BEING TOLD THOSE ARE NOT THE MOTIVATIONS OR INTENTIONS that I get annoyed

as to your question free2love

Tell me what you mean. I don't understand.

The Word of God is what is written in scripture, whatever that scripture might be, the Bible, the Torah, the BOM, the Quran, The Bagadavita whatever.

Speaking your interpretation of scripture is when you take what is said in scripture and and add further interpretation.

Edited by templelady