GreaseSpot Cafe

Pineapple pizza doctrine

year2027

Dude, EGGPLANT?!?!?!

No wonder true Pizzianity is threatened with all these Pseudo-Pizza cults popping up all over the place.

Eggplant. Jeesh.

Not EGGLPANT. Arugula and eggplant.

Eggplant by itself would be tasteless. The chicory taste from the Arugula sets it off...

Geez, fundamentalists. They need to have faith to let their tastebuds grow in knowledge and not be so constrained....

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If the ‘repeat of history‘ is inevitable, this seemingly un-natural UNION, clearly pooh-poohed upon by TRADITIONAL groups, will at some point be accepted as a CHOICE.

As the Amish continue to forsake electricity and other conveniences of MAN, there are now MANY Amish that have PAY PHONES by their BARNS... :biglaugh: Who’d a thunk…

Pineapple - Hawaiin, topical

Pizza - ITALIAN, EUROPEAN

do we really need a geography lesson?

Edited by SafariVista

Cool Chef! You would ruin a good pizza with "fetid" cheese? I only like fetid cheese on a Greek salad...

And Dooj. Seems like you have found a kindred spirit in Raf. But I must say, we now are in different Churches, for I love Pineapple Pizza. You say it is no longer pizza with pineapple on it? Well, I have put moose sausage which we made in the likeness of "sweet Italian sausage" but with moose meat instead. We have done the same with caribou as well. I even have a friend who put some Musk Ox Sausage on Pizza! Does this then therefore relegate our Alaskan pizza into the "Non Pizza Bin". I think not!

Temple Lady can I get an Amen Sistah!

Do you all not remember the article I posted on "Flying Alaskan Pizza"? I think that those crazy Skimo's out in Shishmaref were putting Chum Salmon eggs on their flying Pizzas! (Barf) One would think that those from the Italian Band would be proud that their famous cullinary delight known as Pizza has been preached unto the Uttermost Parts of the Earth! Alaska the Forty Ninth State! Hawaii the Fiftieth! One would think that the Italian Band would be proud of the "widespreadedness" of their culture. But nooo! Gotta have it your way I see! Haha! Reminds me of McDonalds! Do you eat there too?! haha! :evildenk:

AMEN!! Johnny

Blasphemy against pizza occurs not because certain ingredients are placed thereon but, when those who would deny their brethren blessings, try to prevent those who are true to the Doctrine of Pizza to place whatever they choose on same.

Woe, betide thou pineappless, YOU tithe your offerings of Cheese and pepperoni, but lay heavy choices on those who are desirous of eggplant and strawberries

Fruit Pizza

Ingredients

1 (18-ounce) package refrigerated cookie dough

1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, room temperature

1/3 cup sugar

1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract or other flavoring (almond, orange, or lemon)

Fresh blueberries, banana slices, mandarin orange sections, seedless grapes, strawberry halves, kiwifruit (or any other fruit you want), well drained

1/2 cup orange, peach, or apricot preserves

1 tablespoon water

Instructions

Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Line an ungreased 14-inch pizza pan with cookie dough cut in 1/8-inch slices, overlapping slightly. Bake 12 minutes or until light brown; remove from oven and cool on a wire rack.

In a medium bowl, combine cream cheese, sugar, and vanilla extract or other flavoring; spread over cookie crust. Arrange fruit over cream cheese layer in any design you want (use your imagination).

In a small saucepan over very low heat, make a glaze by heating preserves and water. Brush glaze over fruit, making sure to cover the fruit that will turn dark. Refrigerate until ready to serve.

Note: This does not keep well, so plan on using it up. You may also use your own sugar cookie recipe in place of the refrigerated dough. Makes 8 to 10 servings

http://homecooking.about.com/library/archive/blfruit6.htm

Edited by templelady

Bacon Asparagus Pizzahttp://maindish.allrecipes.com/az/76059.asp

INGREDIENTS:

• 5 thick slices bacon, cut into 1 inch pieces
  • 1 unbaked pizza crust
  • 1 pound shredded mozzarella cheese
  • 1 cup chopped fresh asparagus
  • 1 cup halved cherry or grape tomatoes
  • 1 (11 ounce) log fresh chevre (goat cheese)
  • 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
  • freshly ground black pepper to taste

Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Place bacon in a skillet over medium-high heat. Cook for a few minutes to release most of the grease, but do not cook until crisp. Remove to paper towels to drain. Spread the pizza crust out on a pizza pan or large baking sheet. Top with mozzarella cheese, bacon pieces, asparagus, and tomatoes. Dot with goat cheese, then season with red pepper flakes and black pepper.

Bake for 15 to 20 minutes in the preheated oven, until the crust is golden brown underneath when you lift it up to take a peek. Let cool for about 5 minutes before slicing and serving

Brie and Cranberry PIzza http://appetizer.allrecipes.com/az/BrindCr...asp

INGREDIENTS:

• 1 (8 ounce) can refrigerated crescent rolls
  • 8 ounces cubed Brie cheese
  • 3/4 cup whole berry cranberry sauce
  • 1/2 cup chopped pecans

Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C). Lightly grease a 12 inch pizza pan or 9x13 inch baking dish.[unroll the crescent rolls and separate into triangles. Arrange in the pan with tips towards the center and lightly press together Bake 5 minutes, or until lightly brownRemove from the oven and sprinkle with pieces of Brie cheese. Spoon the cranberry sauce over the cheese. Top with pecansBake an additional 8 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and the crust is golden brown. Cool 5 minutes and cut into wedges or squares

Edited by templelady

As we can see, ladies and gentlemen, Raf hasn't cooked very often, what with that kind of cooking instructions.

Fear ye not, Raf. Things like pineapple, eggplant, and tofu can only widen your ethereal pizza eating experience.

And I must also agree, that :beer: is a necessary ingredient to the pizza feast.

:dance:

This just in! A newspaper article on "Gourmet Pizza", a phenomenon that is sweeping America! And where did it all start? The West Coast of course...

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,195437,00.html

And, a person more computer literate than I could download that picture of that gourmet pie and post it here. Looks yummy!

Edited by Jonny Lingo

And, a person more computer literate than I could download that picture of that gourmet pie and post it here. Looks yummy!

Now THIS IS MY KIND OF PIZZA PIE~!

T-bone taught me how to do this... I think...

0_21_051206_Pizza1.jpg

A vegetarian asparagus, red bell pepper and yellow onion pizza

SV - Now THAT looks like a pizza.

BTW - Jonny - I'm sure that Moose sausage is great. I have no problem with it. But sausage is not FRUIT!

Oh, and I've made that desert pizza with the cookie dough and the fruit - it's technically not a pizza since PIZZA means "Pie" on Italian.

Youl all can spew your ideas about pizza all day long - it won't make it any more right. Just like we aren't greasespots and it's way past midnight...

:blink: :blink: ..... Waitaminute!

Jonny, .... moose sausage? Moose? ... You aren't referring to the distinct possibility of ... Bullwinkle the Moose are you? Rocky the Flying Squirrel's best friend? Role model for all those who sat up on Saturday mornings watching Rocky and Bullwinkle fighting those pesky Russion agents Boris and Natasha?

And now you tell us that you may very well have either him, or some of his relatives, on your pizza pie????

:nono5::nono5::nono5:

How could you do such a thing??

Oh, and I've made that desert pizza with the cookie dough and the fruit - it's technically not a pizza since PIZZA means "Pie" on Italian

Definition of Pie

a type of food made with meat, vegetables or fruit covered in pastry and baked:

http://dictionary.cambridge.org/define.asp?key=59751&dict=CALD

a meat dish baked with biscuit or pastry crust --

a dessert consisting of a filling (as of fruit or custard) in a pastry shell or topped with pastry or both http://www.m-w.com/cgi-bin/dictionary

dish baked in pastry-lined pan often with a pastry top http://www.wordreference.com/definition/pie

a baked dish consisting of a filling such as chopped meat or fruit enclosed in pastry and usually cooked in a container

http://encarta.msn.com/dictionary_/pie.html

And thus we see that Pineapple fits like a hand in a glove when speaking of Pizza which is a pie

Speaking of Moose -- One of *Them Poems* from Mason Williams.

Them Moose goosers ~~~

How about them Moose Goosers, Ain't they recluse?

Up in them northwoods, goosin' them moose.

Goosin' them huge moose, goosin' them tiny,

Goosin' them meadow moose in they hinny!

Look at them Moose goosers, Ain't they dumb?

Some use an umbrella, some use a thumb.

Them obtuse Moose goosers, sneakin' through the woods,

pokin' them snoozey moose in they goods.

How to be a Moose gooser? It'll turn you puce;

Get your gooser loose, and rouse a drowsy moose!