GreaseSpot Cafe

It's Funny, yet expected.

How a person gets slammed for actually believing God here at this site.

Yes I know it's not a religious site.

I've learned a lot from atheist websites.

Seen more then any commentary could provide.

Actually believe and see then say something about it.

That's funny. The reason for toungues I suppose.

I'd probably be in prison or killed if I lived in the first Century.

Here's a little thing I picked up recently that will be a blessing to some.

the story of Lauren Reiff by her mother, Daphyne

"Our pastor laid hands upon our baby Lauryn and we prayed for her life and for guidance for her surgeon.

With tears and a certain amount of fear we let them wheel her away to what turned out to be an 8 ½ hour surgery.

Lauryn was only a year old then and like many babies, she was born with a hole in her heart that was expected to closes within the first year.

But Lauryn had been different. . The hole in her heart didn't close, and unlike most babies, she spent her first two months in the Intensive Care Unit at Children's Hospital .

She had been born three months premature, weighing 2 lb. 10 oz. With a broken arm and underdeveloped lungs.

The operation seemed to go as planned, a few surprises here and there but nothing out of the ordinary.

We thanked God, thinking our prayers had been answered with the successful outcome, that is until 2 years later during a bedtime prayer, she told us something about her surgery we couldn't have known.

Our tradition for Lauryn was to begin bedtime with the prayer, " Now I lay me down to sleep..and if I die before I wake."

When we got to that point, Lauryn said to us, "do you remember when I died?" My husband and I looked at each other as chills ran down our spines, we both said, "No, we don't remember a time when you died!"

She said with a smile, "yes I did, during my heart surgery." Then continued to tell this amazing story.

I saw you and daddy playing that game you always play." (Lauryn's dad and I played backgammon to pass the time, and still play it today.)

We asked her where she was when she saw this. She said she was above us looking down and watching. Then she went immediately to Heaven.

Lauryn said, "I was in heaven and I saw Jesus standing there! I ran into his arms and he said 'Oh Lauryn, I have waited for you for so long!'"

She told how Jesus sat her down and gave her a hand full of jewels and a beautiful gown that sparkled.

They walked and talked for a while and Jesus let her sit on a cloud. And then he introduced her to her sister Lisa.

Lauryn had never been told that she had a sister in heaven! Nor did she know about receiving jewels for a crown.

"I saw angels! They were so beautiful," Lauryn said with a huge grin.

We asked if they had wings and if they looked like us? She said "yes, some of them did have wings and some did not, and no, they look nothing like us but they are so beautiful." (She had never been told that many angels don't have wings.)

Lauryn also mentioned that the colors in heaven are more beautiful and there are colors that are not in the rainbow!

We asked Lauryn if there were any toys in heaven, thinking that if she were making up a story, like most kids at this age, she would include the best toys in the world.

She thought for a moment and said, there weren't any toys, but there was beautiful music and that she and Jesus danced.

Then she got very sad and tears came into her eyes. She said that Jesus told her it was time to go, that she must return to her parents, who needed her!

She really started to cry, I told her it was okay. I knew what she was going to say and understood she didn't want to hurt our feelings.

She looked up into my eyes, tears shining on her cheeks and said, "I didn't want to leave Jesus and heaven!"

I hugged her and told her I wouldn't want to leave either.

Then she wiped her eyes and with her forehead wrinkled up she said, "Then He wanted to take my pretty jewels.

I didn't want to give them back!" Jesus assured her that He would take care of them and that there would even be more when she came back. So she let Jesus take the jewels for safekeeping.

In the weeks that followed anytime Lauryn would see a picture of Jesus she would walk up and say "that's not what He looks like."

People would be curious and once we asked her to draw a picture of Jesus, and as only a child could, Lauryn proceeded to draw the most beautiful, amazing stick figure of our Lord Jesus Christ!

As for Lauryn's sister in Heaven, I had an abortion when I was eighteen. I was encouraged to go through with it, being told that it was not alive.

But afterward for several years, until Lauryn told me about her sister, I had always felt sick about it, like I had destroyed my own child.

But hearing from Lauryn, that she had seen Lisa in heaven, that heaviness was lifted. And I praise God for His matchless wisdom, answering a prayer I had never voiced!

I never cease to be amazed by His Grace.

God said to His disciples, "You must come to me as a child, for such is the kingdom of God!" We could clearly see His Kingdom in the tears of our little princess

You are never to young or old to have God touch your life and start a story that will last into eternity.

penny

Edited by CM

Things that I've seen people get "slammed" for here:
  • Believing in God
  • Not believing in God
  • Being a follower of PFAL
  • Being a rejector of PFAL
  • Not believing in God but refusing to publically "renounce Jesus"
  • Believing in God but having some agnostic views
  • Using Snopes.com as a source
  • Being a Way Corps grad
  • Being involved in TWI in the 90's
  • Leaving TWI before POP
  • Staying in PFAL after POP
  • Saying good things about VPW
  • Saying bad things about VPW
  • Believing the snowstorm stories
  • Disbelieving the snowstorm stories

ad nauseum...

Just to not leave me out of the slamming business.

Here's one for whoever wants it!

Acts 13:41 Behold, ye despisers, and wonder, and perish: for I work a work in your days, a work which ye shall in no wise believe, though a man declare it unto you.

Carry on....lol....

I believe.............. I'll have another drink! :drink:

This is some of the things I have noticed

• For demanding that everyone believe about God as they do
  • For being unwilling to ever acknowledge that someone from the other side of the fence (whatever that fence may be) has ever made a good point
  • For demeaning and vicious words
  • For deliberately posting in a way that creates hurt feelings

Edited by templelady

Getting back to that letter Clay...................

I so want to believe it. Who wouldn't? I know what theVey teaches/taught. If things are like this little girl experienced, it doesn't mean that "we could talk to the dead". This is what confuses Way beliefs.

I feel as if others are in heaven right now, they can't/don't "look down" on us. To me, that would be HELL.

So, if they are there, they certainly ain't thinking about us. The only problem with what the little girl went through, is now she's sad for being back on earth, and I don't think God would do that.

I dunno :blink:

Hi Bliss,

True it doesn't mean we can talk to the dead. Somewhere it says this place will be forgotten I think. I'd have to look it up, but I'm at work right now.

What she saw was what was shown her. Not according to actually what the parents would have been doing which is waiting and praying in a hospital. So perhaps for her comfort. Don't know.

And being in heaven having to watch us!!?? Yeah I wouldn't want that either...lol.

The only problem with what the little girl went through, is now she's sad for being back on earth, and I don't think God would do that.

But remember, she was told she would be back. And there would even be more for her. And that her parents needed her. And sad happens, shoot I'll be glad when I'm done here. Sadness and Joy happens to believers. Think of the Joy she has also, as well as her parents.

Some have gone as far as to take their own lives in order to see heaven. DON"T DO THAT!!!!! Please. Some have been tempted also. I thought I'd better say that because when things are happening and coming quickly a person can get confused.

Tears, feelings, emotions are spiritual I believe.

Philippians 4:8 Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things.

Clay you crack me up!!! :biglaugh:

Love those songs........

Mostly I meant to say, was the little girl sad "in heaven"? I know on earth she is/can be.....but if she felt like that in heaven that would contradict what the Word says about "no more sadness". Just thinking.

Revelation 21

1And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea.

2And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband.

3And I heard a great voice out of heaven saying, Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and he will dwell with them, and they shall be his people, and God himself shall be with them, and be their God.

4And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.

5And he that sat upon the throne said, Behold, I make all things new. And he said unto me, Write: for these words are true and faithful.

Note - John saw this..................................................