GreaseSpot Cafe

Episode Number Seven

pawtucket

Another great interview!! :eusa_clap:

Paw --- you were a a little *soft* on the volume, but Oak came through just fine.

Oak --- PFAL = "A Masterwork of Marketing"??!! :biglaugh:

You did an EXCELLENT job of presenting that viewpoint!! Congrats. ;)

It was interesting hearing about the group of couples with one wanting to leave and the other wanting to stay, with each eventually divorcing. I know the number of couples in this situation was not limited to those who were participating in that discussion group. There were several others, probably still more exist and more to come.

Myself, I went at it alone, until the divorce actually hit. Would have been much better the other way.

Kind of wondering if an official area for people who are in this situation can connect with others, without any communications being public. A place to vent, ask questions. Don't know. How many are still in this situation?

• 10 months later...

I am really surprised these radio shows don't get more comments! Really good stuff presented in a tasteful manner.

Oakspear: You're comments re PFAL (how vp introduces doubt, then gets you to trust him, etc) were the best I've heard so far. I'd seen that before, but the implications went over my head. Now I get it. I think too, with three hour sessions and work the next day, there really isn't time to go over it step by step either. Probably wouldn't have mattered. The only part I have a hard time with is I have trouble believing he was that smart or devious. Maybe my mind just doesn't work that way and I can't relate. On the other hand, I have heard there are con artists out there who are pretty good.

Here's what I find really odd. How is it so many who start cults, follow the same pattern? By cult I mean a mog, claim to special knowlege, controlling, etc. It's just kinda weird it happens over and over. It isn't as though there is a cult leader school somewhere...Any comments?

Your assessment about LCM made perfect sense also.

Anyway, good job!!

• 1 year later...

Oakspear - what a great interview. Thank you so much for doing it. Your comments on PFAL were very helpful to me, how vp slowly got us to accept more and more without any challenge, without any critical thinking on our part. I feel like I've met two new friends after just listening to your interview with Paw.

Hey, I was a deejay on a public radio station in the 90's too! They thought so much of me, they gave me a prized time slot, 3-6 AM Sunday mornings, but I was not dissuaded. At the time I was into modern rock, alternative stuff, my lead-in each week was this song by The Smiths:

My signature line on the hour and half hour: "You are listening to KAZU, Pacific Grove. Commercial-free radio on the Monterey Bay." Yeah, baby!