GreaseSpot Cafe

'24'

bliss

Tom

I am sure you are not the ONLY person who has not watched an episode, but if you start ... well ... you would probably be a rare creature if you only watched ONE. You see, that's the problem. They are like Granny Goose potato chips - nobody can eat just one. (Or was that provocative and well-seasoned?)

My problem is that I watched one episode. And it really doesn't matter if you start mid-season (I think I did a few seasons ago when my sister was visiting), each hour is designed to reel you in. They are a little over the top, rather graphically violent, and end with a cliff hanger on steroids. Most folks I know start watching because of someone else. So, my advise - don't start. Now, I'm hooked and have to figure out how to catch two more hours tonight. Oh well. Except for favorite sporting events, this is the only TV I watch lately.

Raf,

I can't remember a Fayed from earlier seasons either. But, frankly, they all seem to blend in together. I am having a bit of a hard time with Ally McBeal's former bumbling boss being the coniving mole around what would otherwise be a President above reproach. Why do the best Presidents have the worst advisors? And, I was just kidding about your almost daughters. I have one that age and the TV was on in my house too. Ickes, by the way! Are you heading into some challenging times, or what??!!

Clam

I did not like it at all last night

Hello...Jack is beaten up for what 2 years in a chinese prison then the American Pres gets him out only to turn him over to the terrorists, to kill Jack, so the terrorists will stop killing Americans? Contrived

Sorry, too much to believe that is too much. Then they killed the whole staff last year - like Tony, Michelle, Edgar and David Palmer... I do not like the new crew as they are TOO young to have such huge jobs. I think the writers blew the begining, I hope they fix it tonight.

I hear Jack maybe leaving.... Boy that would kill 24.

I saw a clip on Fox's 24 web site and it was hinting that Tony may not be dead after all. Right now, Jack needs his help, after all, look what Jack did to help Tony's mental state on Day 4.

What I'm wondering about is the Prez. Throughout the years, they have always taken a definate stance on NOT negotiating with terrorists, and he's bending to everything that Fayed brings to the table! Also, in hour 1, they kept talking about the high price that the US paid the Chinese to get Jack back. Wonder what that was.

Edited by moony3424

• 1 month later...

So Logan is back. I keep waiting for Jack's dad to reveal he has a pet pig. James Cromwell and Rob Lowe's brother add some quality to the acting.

Anybody else think Josh is Jack's son?

Anybody else waiting for Jack and Marilyn to get together, only to have Audrey rain on that parade?

Anybody else thankful that Kim is missing in action?

What happened to Logan's wife Martha - shacking up with Pierce?

What about Mike Novick? Who cares?

Who is the mole at CTU this time around? I thought it was Morris or Milo. What about the Muslim CTU analyst babe?

Will suitcase nukes blow up CTU? Will Karen and Bill have a spat? Will Logan demand his old job back? Will Chloe get an attitude? Will Wayne Palmer change his name to Mustafa Falafel and convert to the dark side?

• 2 months later...

So, when you can't watch 24 during its regularly scheduled broadcast, and you record it on your DVR - do you fast forward past the commercials??? Wouldn't that screw up the whole thing? Afterall, how would the characters take care of all the things they need to that would not really pertain to the story - like drink a glass of water and eat a sandwich, etc.

Clam