GreaseSpot Cafe

What kind of books do you read now?

I read all of Orson Scott Card's Ender's Game Series that is out. It is sci-fi about a kid that saves the world from extintion in the future. The first book is a classic for many of my friends.

I also have read the whole Incarnations of Immortality series by Piers Anthony. They are about the incarnations: Death(On a Pale Horse), Time(chronos), fate(the 3 aspects), War, Green Mother(Gaea), Satan and God. The premise is that humans hold these positions.

I love horror and true crime. I love mythology and always have even when I was in.

I love sydney sheldon. I have read probably all of his novels. They are so well written and engrossing. He wrote for I dream of gennie in the 60's!

I am reading the Harry Potter books and they are engrossing too.

I am working on reading classics that I haven't read like Grapes of wrath, fountainhead, waiting for godot, great gatsby, classics that i should have read by now but haven't.

When I was in, i read fear street, baby sitters club and sweet valley high. my mom started reading sweet valley university and banned me from reading the series because she didn't want me to act the way the kids in it acted. yet i was allowed to read "catcher in the rye"(?!?) and watch tv.

if anyone cares "Stranger in A Strange Land" by Robert Heinlein is one of the greatest books ever!!! It changes one's perceptions about life.

[This message was edited by meganpenworthy on July 26, 2003 at 14:07.]