GreaseSpot Cafe

It's a shock to discover...

...that you know what's best for you, either by your own volition or though your personal relationship with God.

...you can enjoy pop culture and not analyze it "spiritually speaking."

...sleeping in til 10 on Sunday can be good for the body and you are not obligated to go to a meeting or to church unless you choose.

...your last vacation was extra wonderful because you didn't have to give your schedule to anyone.

...your stress level is so much less and your self esteem is greater because no one reprimands you anymore.

...some of your family members are really cool people and you would like to get to know them better.

...your head is clearer because it is not being screwed up by the "anti christian" teachings of a supposedly "christian" organization.

...your feeling about gays is live and let live and you are able to treat all people more tolerently.

...you don't have all the answers.

...you have a better life style because you can work a little extra without conflicts and are no longer a victim of extortion.

Any more?

...you feel free to raise your children the way you would want them to be raised without any confrontation about a wooden spoon.

....you can work any shift you want for your employment and actually enjoy it and not have to quit because someone told you to.

...you don't have to quit a job every year to go to a meeting.

....you can actually own your own home and enjoy your life the way you see fit without any pressures to give your extras to a group proclaiming to be christians.

....you can actually be treated with respect and kindness from your spouse and work as equals.

....you can read books for enjoyment without having to report what you read and what you learned.

Live is so grand and the freedom with it. I think this year is different for me in the fact that although I've been gone from twi for several years I'm more appreciate of the freedom I can truly enjoy. Happy fourth to all!!!

Ok!! I will not try to be a nice person...ok? I will not!!

You can enjoy other peoples company without being "likeminded" on beliefs and lifestyle.

You can enjoy other peoples company without figuring out a way to "show them the truth."

You can enjoy other peoples company without figuring out how to get them to listen to teaching tapes, or bring them to your fellowship.

You can enjoy the company of REAL people again! Yahoo!

babyrott60percent.gif

"He is your friend, your partner, your defender,your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion." Unknown

I was just saying this to my wife the other day.

I have been working with an innie family member recently. It is over now but it wasn't bad or aucward or anything. But it was enlightening to see the person intreract with the other employees that discuss spiritual and a variety of other topics.

I can look at my family now and see the wheels of hate and fear turning.

So I was telling my wife the other day how wonderful it is to be able to live without hateing everyone and to be able to discuss topics with people without going into an inner rage. I never was the rage type as an innie but there was the hate that had been instilled in me. I'm not just talking about homosexuals, I'm talking about anyone that disagreed with twi doctrine.

I have been out for about 2 1/2 -3 years and it is amazing how much my life and views has changed.

I love being able to think and enjoy people for who they are.

It don't mean a thing if it ain't PFAL. Doo-wat doo-wah doo-wat doo-wah la-shanta la-shanta

I can go for more than an entire day and be free of all the hidden implications, insinuations, and the unwritten bow's and courtsies of "appropriate behaviours," according to twi.

I can now do things on a whim, without worrying about being anywhere for a meeting set-up or tear-down. Or worrying about missing this or that little itsy-bitsy detail on which my entire spiritual life hinges.

That I'm allowed to be unpredictable, knowing that God loves me and that I do my best to show God's love to those I hang with.

That I really can choose to live with no strings attached....especially the emotional ones that twi used to torment me with!

SS

It's nice to pick a screen name like Damit Janet and not have to worry that I said damn it.

My daughter can choose to NOT attend fellowship if she doesn't want to... and so can I.

I can listen to secular music. I can watch scary movies once in a while. I can.....

trekbadge.gif

...that there is a great big wonderful God out here that is not limited to the confines of twi.

He can do so much more than meet needs and keep the adversary at bay if you walk perfectly.

He is full of goodness, grace and mercy and loves to bless His kids in the biggest possible ways!

Napkinlady

Fold TWI, Fold!

• 2 weeks later...

is it ok if i think homosexuality is wrong?Call me a bigot but I would prefer if my kids didn't go that way.

somebody i really loved and respected was a homosexual. he's dead because of the lifestyle. i still loved him to the end. He loved God.

is it ok if i tell someone that the roughly humanoid looking blob of ectoplasm with glaring red eyes that shows up in their bedroom every night is probably not their dead grandma and might be dangerous?

ok, thanks

by the way,

KISSMYASSTWI!!!!!!

• 3 years later...

. . . I don't have to thank leadership everytime something good happens to me.

. . . I don't have to apologize to leadership everytime something bad happens to me.

. . . I don't have to ask leaderships permission to make a decision.

. . . I don't have to apologize to leadership for making a decision.

. . . I don't . . .I don't . . I don't have leadership!!!

All the major shocks I have ever recieved in life came in one form......Man's dreadful inhumanity and cruelty to man! Yes it always shocks and always will....I just plain cannot understand it! Premeditated or not....there is no exceptable explanation that I have ever heard. Excuses, justification, and dead air; those I have all heard! Rarely have I heard an honest from the heart...with no hidden agenda apology!!!!!!!

. . . I don't have to thank leadership everytime something good happens to me.

. . . I don't have to apologize to leadership everytime something bad happens to me.

. . . I don't have to ask leaderships permission to make a decision.

. . . I don't have to apologize to leadership for making a decision.

. . . I don't . . .I don't . . I don't have leadership!!!

UMMMMM!------This thread is about things that SHOCK you, not things that give you cause to rejoice.

:biglaugh:

Just funnin' with you, dude. Hope you don't mind.

• 6 months later...

(I hope I do this right)

...I could get a loan for a college education

...I could buy a new car and not feel guilty for going into debt

...I don't have to worry about physically or mentally abused anymore by fellowship coordinators

...I will be able to buy a house next month without feeling guilty about going into debt

...I can have gay friends without worrying about twi finding out and burning me at the steak

...I can talk to people so much more easily

...My relationshops with my family have gotten much better

...I don't have to feel guilty when something bad happens to me

...I can get angry and not feel guilty

...I can be sad and not think I'm being possessed by a "heavy and gloomy" devil spirt. P.S. WTF?!

...I could get married to the man I loved even though he believes different things

...I don't get harassing phone calls anymore from cult people

...I don't have to tithe an insane amount and never see it go back to the community

...I can be happy

• 7 months later...