GreaseSpot Cafe

Family 22 (or 21, 23 - we were all there together)

Happyasaclam

Well, it's been 9 years since we were "dismissed," and I was wondering if anyone else is out there. It was the Indiana Campus, PM and BM were our CC's and things were "lovely."

I don't miss the incarceration, the fear-motiviation, the insanity ... but I do miss some people. That made it all something sort of "worthwhile." I mean, after nearly 2 years and $30,000, there had to be something to take away from that experience.

• 2 months later...

Hello. I don't know who are but I'm sure we know each other. I was there as a monster corps grad and worked in PM's office. I was a horrible, compassionate deprived individual -- had absolutely no heart for people. It was amazing to me after I got away that someone could be into something that was supposed to love God and glorify him and have no heart for people.

It took living in an apartment above an animal abuser to soften my heart again. It took me months to get the puppy screams out of my mind, but my heart will NEVER be the same.

Hope you are happy and things are going well for you.

Hello ImSunny2,

I am sure we know each other too since I worked in that office for a few blocks. I don't remember any of the corps grads in there being heartless or cruel. They actually helped me survive for as long as we did.

The whole environment was pretty cruel - designed to set us up to fail, now that I can look at it from a distance. LCM had just demanded that all Corps be full-time and I am sure he was seeing the beginnings of the financial fiasco that decision caused. No doubt the corps coordinators were expected to drop as many as possible to avoid having to "hire" any of us. Hardly any of our corps made it to graduation and we started with a relatively large crowd. It was heart breaking seeing them leave family by family.

I can't think about it too long. Kind of like your puppy situation. So sorry you went through that, but glad you are doing well. We are too.

Clam

• 9 months later...
I'm "Out There"

We were F21 for about 2 days in residence. Long enough to have the headlice check. I bet none of you even remember us, we were whisked away off campus so quickly!

I wonder what ever happened to Mark and Joanne George - last I heard a few years ago he was twi-ordained and they moved to the DC area.

Two days! Bowtwi - that must have been a record! I would love to hear the story. We made the head lice check - not that it helped. Within a few days we had to decontaminate our entire earthly possessions due to ... yes ... head lice. Evidently, our son's roommate was diagnosed.

I was given about 2 hours notice to strip, wash, and bleach our entire household's inventory of bedding, clothing and outerware ... remake all our beds, and "report back" that all had been done ... and that we were all properly head washed and medicated. When I suggested that I would not make it to the evening meal on time ... well ... you can imagine the response. BELIEVE GOD!

We were Family22, so I probably did not know you. Although a couple in our Corps also did leave within a few days - evidently because they decided to quit smoking while pulling into the driveway of the Indiana Campus! HAHAHA!

Don't know about Mark and Joanne, but their family was in our Corps - David and Karen. Good people. They were released - medical reasons.