GreaseSpot Cafe

Weenie Roast 2006

bowtwi

The date for the Weenie Roast has been set. :wave:

The place is to be announced - it's that park in KY we talked about last year, where the cabins and campground are on an island. :spy:

The date will be August 11-13, 2006, pending rascal's approval. :biglaugh:

It's all definitely tentative at this point, but it's definitely time to start making plans. :dance:

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Well, I think the one we had talked about last year is called General Burnside Island Park. The campground is on an island, but there are no cabins in this park. I'm thinking we should find one with cabins as well as camp sites.

Here's a link I found. I called the phone number listed and they said they're the only park in the state with an island and they have no cabins.

http://parks.ky.gov/stateparks/ge/

I'll keep looking for a more suitable park. I'm thinking Tennessee now. Please feel free to make suggestions. Maybe we should look around for a week and then decide next Friday.

I think the roast is appropriate for kids of all ages. I'm bringing mine. I hope y'all bring yours, but that's up to you.

I don`t think that is it bow....it doesn`t sound familiar...(i will recognise it if i hear it...though THAT doesn`t help much) The place that hawk recomended had cabins....I think.

Oh and Belle...I`d LOVE to meet your mama and daddy again :)

Edited by rascal

Cool Darlin,

It's THE SOUTHERN COMFORT WEENIE ROAST or something like that. I'm thinking if we're really gonna get genuine southern comfort, we need to go south to get it. Come on down, it's worth the drive.

Rascal - You sound like me - I thought I'd recognize it when I Googled KY STATE PARKS. But maybe it's not a state park.

wwjesuslaughat - HELP - PLEASE!!! :wave:

I'll keep looking at KY parks.

:wave: My hometown of Henderson, KY, is home to John James Audubon State Park. It has campsites, rv sites, and cabins, golf.

That very weekend we are having our 21st (I think) annual FREE Bluegrass in the Park festival. I have attended many times and it is great, even if you dont LOVE bluegrass. The state park is about 5 minutes from horse racing, Evansville, IN, etc.

www.hendersonky.org/bluegrass for more information

Ok back to work!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by act2

Ooh, act2! That sounds great - to me! I'll see what others have to say - I'm a bluegrass fan from way back. If we can find that park Hawk had spoken of with cabins and an island, I'd say that'd be the one. Otherwise, I like your suggestion.

I'm glad to see some weenie energy.

Ah Belle, I'm hoping you can get your mom or dad to come - sure would be great to have you!

It is great fun, bowtwi, but I understand if you want the ISLAND!!!

But, I forgot to mention: the state park also has a nice lake with paddle boat rentals, tennis courts, a wonderful museum, swings and things for the kiddies.

Lots of shade at the state park and the bluegrass festival.

PLUS, I LIVE HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:redface2:

(From: Abigail

post Oct 10 2005, 07:43 PM

Post #143

Last Year's Weenie Roast Thread

Jellystone was great, Sudo! But it sounds like Littlehawk has a place staked out for us next year. An island about 2 hours NE. We're also talking about moving the date to September.

No mention of this being a state park, eh?

Just an island two hours NE from Jellystone.. :)

http://www.hendersonky.org/bluegrass Good link!

My vote would be for Henderson. (No surprise there, eh?) :D

That would be about an 800 mile drive for me,

and easier for Abi and Sushi too.

Further for the Florida folks, though.

And I've heard several of the bands on the schedule for the festival there.

Quality, family entertainment -- and for free??!!

Cain't be beat -- when ya combine it with a Weenie Roast! :dance: