bowtwi

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

:biglaugh: Sorry Box

Next fall, 2007, Samantha and Charlie are planning a vacation to Arkansas, her homestate. If they are already there, and the 2007 roast can be in Ark., then I will certainly go.

And.... I'd bet it wouldn't take much to convince Ron to share his mountain with a bunch of weenies. He's a great host, a great cook, an excellent shot and it's more convenient for many that have wanted to go but couldn't cuz of distance.

Cool how this is working out to plan next year's before this year's is even done - works best when we plan it with the host out of town camping, safely tucked far away from any of those pesky puters! LOL

Hey, there's nothing wrong with y'all Texan GreaseSpotters planning a roast - bet it'd be interesting to see who shows up there. Build it and they will come. :spy:

I would consider hosting one some year here in northwestern MO if that worked best for the most...

Whaddaya mean, drawn by Goey? That's very very cool!!!

Yeah, Goey did that pic of the cuteness, great eh?

I sent him a pic and he sent that back.........I love it!

Well, planning when Ron is away is best, then he'll have to be there when we show up. :wave:

There is rumor he's gonna show up around here somewhere soon.........dunno yet.

I just noticed that it said Drawn by Goey and I can't seem to enlarge it to look closer. I'll try again later. That's outstanding!

Yep, I heard a very similar rumor about Ron. I also agree that's one way to make sure a guy gets to the roast is have it at his house. Planning while he's gone cuts down on potential arguments, too - bonus!

Any particular date in '07? Fall, you say? Labor Day weekend? LOL :dance::biglaugh::wave:

Hey yeah! Y'all come on up!

I have a place down the hill a bit that's nice and flat and I'll mow it all down, clean it up, put up some fire rings and treat it to eliminate ticks, chiggers and snakes. I even have some extra lumber that I can use to build a nice privy. I use that place now to cut up my firewood after skidding the logs dow tn there, so there's already quite a bit of scrap firewood laying around...hickory, ash and oak

If dmiller and Cowgirl make it and bring their instruments, I'm only 23 miles from Mtn. View where the musicians jam all day and way into the night each and every day from spring until late fall. I'll take them to Jimmy Driftwoods ranch and the Rackensack Music Barn...Bowtwi would enjoy that, too.

We're pretty close to the Buffalo National River and only 12 miles from a place on the The Little Red River, known only to the locals, which has outstanding fishing.

We'uns'd have a ball!!!

Buffalo%20River.jpg

Buffalo Natl. River

Searcy County...to get the scale, it's about 11 miles from my house to Leslie and 8 miles from Leslie to Marshall

Y'all come in 2007 and I'll have a year to get the place all spiffy...brush hog it, mow it and plant some nice soft grass, too.

Edited by Ron G.

Ron, that would be an absolute blast down in your neck of the woods, the picture you posted has wet my appetite!! Thanks for the invite!! Seriously, I would consider being a part of it. I realize it's just an idea right now that the GS's are tossing around but if it was a go and DMiller wanted to drive down and needed a passenger to help out with the driving and the cost, I'd be game! But then again I've heard some pretty wild stories about DMiller and his driving with his instruments !! :wink2::biglaugh:

Cowgirl

Ron, that would be an absolute blast down in your neck of the woods, the picture you posted has wet my appetite!! Thanks for the invite!! Seriously, I would consider being a part of it. I realize it's just an idea right now that the GS's are tossing around but if it was a go and DMiller wanted to drive down and needed a passenger to help out with the driving and the cost, I'd be game! But then again I've heard some pretty wild stories about DMiller and his driving with his instruments !! :wink2::biglaugh:

Cowgirl

Shhhhhhh!!! What I said in PM --should remain in PM!!

(ps -- I don't drive like that anymore!!!) :biglaugh:

• 2 weeks later...

:wave: Weenie Roast 2006 is next weekend already! Woo hoo!

The cabins have bedding, but we need to bring our own towels and washcloths. I'll bring charcoal and starter fluid - they have charcoal grills there.

Sudo's got Friday night supper. I'll bring Saturday's.

We're flexible on arrival time - I'm thinking 7 or 8 Friday at this point.

Here's the link to the park for anyone who still wants to make a reservation.

http://www.gwinnislandmarina.com :dance:

Bowtwi,

Suda and I will be coming and bringing our youngest who no doubt will be hanging out at the swimming pool the whole time. Me? I'll just enjoy getting away and maybe renting a pontoon boat. Guess we'll need to get a head count though it doesn't look like many will be attending. Ah! Just leaves more food and drink for the rest of us, huh?

sudo

Its this coming weekend!!

And it looks like its going to be just a few of us showing up this year. I'd like a LOT of folks showing up, of course, but I'm looking forward to it just the same. This will be our son Nathan's last weekend of Summer as he starts back to school the Monday after :( . So it'll be fun in the sun, hanging out by the pool and whatever else we decide to do.

Yeah.. we're going to enjoy this weekend!

sudo

:wave: Sudo....jusst had a litle talk wif Cory.....he says we shouldmake it...so's I am gona work on theboat this week.....if'm I don't get it going I'll split the poontoon rental wif ya. It kinda iterferes wif me squirrle huntin trip....but like Cory says.....I invited ya to tha bluegrass....wouldn't be nice not fer me show up....I'll be there eventuallly equppid wif pear juice an all. Threw a deer shoulder into thawing tonight wich I am sure will make good fer some vittles. Good Lord forbiding I shall see ya there. But promise me .....no tree dancin'...anole coon huntin buddyof mine lives close by