GreaseSpot Cafe

Portland Dog Poisonings.

RottieGrrrl

Do we have an GSers in this area? What the heck is going on here?

From what I've read there have been 8 dogs fatally poisoned by some a$$hole leaving poisoned sausages in parks.

I hear there is a real debate going on over having offleashed dogs there.

Here's the thing. I'm a real advocate for leash laws. There is nothing more damn annoying (and dangerous) than walking your pooch and having some dog bolt out of the yard at your dog.

So from what I understand it's a common thing for Portlanders to walk their dogs around without a leash? Don't they have enough off leash dog parks available?

I'm kind of spoiled out here in the sticks cause I have a great dog park (complete with ponds and trails) just a few miles from where I live. I would never consider walking around town with my dog offleash. Even if she were the type to stick right by my side.

Just what is the problem over there that somebody would actually go around parks and plant poisoned sausage?

I'd like to catch the guy doing it and make him eat that sausage himself.

...It's hard to be humble when you own a rottweiler...

babyrott60percent.gif

...Ain't no grave, gonna hold this body down..when I hear that trumpet sound...

p

I'm sure others have the same concern about a child picking it up and eating it. If that happened and the child died I'm sure they would be able to find a case for murder. I would think. Even though the person didn't intend for a child to eat it, the actions were so reckless and malicious that he'd have to be a fool not to know the possible dangers.

I really hope they get this person who's doing this. I swear one side of me wouldn't even want to bring in the law. For what? He probably wouldn't go to jail for killing dogs.

I'd like to just string him up, rub him with sausages (non poison) and let a pack of pitbulls loose on him.

babyrott60percent.gif

...Ain't no grave, gonna hold this body down..when I hear that trumpet sound...

p

[This message was edited by RottieGrrrl on July 20, 2003 at 13:33.]