GreaseSpot Cafe

add a pic or attach

likeaneagle

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

dovey, justsayno walked me through it and now its so simple that I don't know why I thought it was so hard!!! Been having a lot of fun with the pics...lol

Ok!! I will not try to be a nice person...ok? I will not!!

Dovey,

Rottie has a thread on here called fireworks. It has a whole bunch of different fireworks on there if you want to take a look. I don't know about your files I think that would be an attachment and you can do it but it might take while to get it on since it might have to be ok'd. At least that is what I've gathered. Good luck!!!!

Hi Dovey,

Let's see if we can walk you through this. I think the way I'm going to do this is step by step and wait until you understand a point before going on. So first is to answer 2 questions you have.

1. Using your own pictures on your computer. To keep it brief you can't use yours unless you have a website to store them on. So, the only way you can use your pictures at this point is to send them to someone who has a website to store them on.

2. What is an URL?

The full version is in a previous post on this thread. But to take it back to basics, URL is another name for a web address (Ex. msn.com, gscafe.com. aol.com)(what you see in your address bar at the top of your browser that starts with http://)

Now, let's take it a step further. Every page on a website is a file (which generally ends in .htm or.html).

Now, every image used on the web is a file (most common types are .jpg and .Gif)

When we put images in our posts, we are not actually putting the file in our post like we would attach a file to an email. Instead all we are doing is redirecting the picture that is stored somewhere on the Web to show itself in OUR post. That is why URLs or web addresses are important. for the most part we search the web for the picture we want and redirect the image to our post(not exctly, but close enough).

Ok, let me know if you understand this or not and we'll go from there.

Once it clicks, it's as easy as pie.

JSN

wytdove I thought I lost you! LOL! Here you are! I'm so happy our wonderful GS'ers are helping you out. Now that I know where to find you I'll be back later. I have tons of stuff to do right now (having the living room painted tomorrow) I was looking for you in the fireworks thread!

babyrott60percent.gif

On the eighth day, God created...Rottweilers...

By the way, I'm not going to but in since JustsayNo is doing a superb job of explaining things(I'm learning a lot) but I just want to say dovey is more than welcome to use a website of mine. I've got the AOL stuff ya know? I can just throw the pic she wants on one of mine. I don't plan on changing AOL anytime soon. That way she can at least have her pic of her fireworks.

Dovey look at the thread entitled fireworks, make sure you give it at least a couple minutes to load so they all show up. There may be something there you like.

babyrott60percent.gif

I'm not interested in the fireworks although I loved it on yours but am thinking about putting something at the bottom. How was it done? Thanks

ok Rottie, I went to fireworks and I really like the statue of liberty one. so how do I get it in here and will it stay o will I ave to do it every time I come in?...........Just, thank you. Rottie said I can send it to her website. Soooo now I need to know how to do it...... I have been messing around trying to do it but no luck yet, by the way how do I cut and paste? I tried and nothing happened. Thanks you guys for putting up with an airhead like me. I think I would have trouble getting out of a paper bag by myself lol

http://www.wtv-zone.com/gerzpages/fourth1.html Dovey

Hey Rottiegrrl;

Thanks for the offer and I think that might be useful in the future when it comes to sizing and storing an avatar. But a website it is not needed for adding an image to the signature or into the body of apost unless like your puppy it has been custom made and sized. for example all the fireworks only require the IMG tag and the URL to it's website location, because they are already being stored on the web in someone elses website, we are just redirecting it here.

I'm trying to take baby steps and keep it as uncomplicated and as simple as possible until a basic undertanding is achieved, then we can expand and have more fun.

Vickles,

there are 2 ways to add a pic to the bottom of your post.

1. The Hard way. Add the image at the end of each post EVERY time.

2. Easy way. Add the code to your siganture in your profile ONCE. You will not be able to use the image button for this. You will have to write out the code like I showed you before using the IMG and the /IMG tags.(see previous post for full instructions)

JSN

[This message was edited by JustSayNO on June 25, 2003 at 0:29.]

Dovey

IMGhttp://www.wtv-zone.com/gerzpages/fourth/fwlib10.gif/IMG

Copy the line above and put it into your signature. Then put [ ] around both IMG and /IMG without any spaces. the reason I'm not doing it now is if I did all you would see is the picture.

fwlib10.gif

Good job on wanting to put it into your signature, this way you don't have to do it each time.

Some day I'll live up to my name - until then I'll pop out from the 'leaves' once in awhile until I learn to JustSayNO.

Dovey,

Take the space out at the end of the tag between / img

let me work on hotdog and see if I can shrink it without losing quality. I'll get back to you on that

Some day I'll live up to my name - until then I'll pop out from the 'leaves' once in awhile until I learn to JustSayNO.

JustSayNo not to butt in here, but maybe you could send Dovey the exact address in an email? The reason I say this is because when Steve! Was trying to help me with my rottie pic in my sig, I was having a hulluva time figuring it out myself.

I finally just gave him my GS password so he could go in and do it himself.

babyrott60percent.gif

Rottie,

Thanks for the input. being still involved with TWI I am not comfortable with sending email at this time and more importantly I'm not looking to do for people, I want to help instruct so that people can do it for themselves. I know it takes longer, but the end result is someone that can do it for themselves. This is why I'm spending time on URL's, Tags and File types, to show the structure behind it. Once this is understood then it becomes much easier to show other things that people do in there posts.

And if for no other reason, I'm patient to walk through it.

Again, thanks for the help.

JSN

[This message was edited by JustSayNO on June 25, 2003 at 10:42.]

Okay JustSayno. I totally understand. And I'd rather learn how to do it for myself too. After Steve! did it for me I started fooling around with it myself and was so happy when I finally got it somewhat!

I admire your patience! I automatically assume everyone is impatient like me lol.

But I plan on saving this thread so I can go over all this info myself when I have time. Great stuff here!

babyrott60percent.gif

thanks justsayno for your patience. I have been wanting to understand all this for a long while. So it is appreciated!!!!!!