GreaseSpot Cafe

add a pic or attach

likeaneagle

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rottie,

I got one for you to work on and then to share while I'm away.

Animated picture on your desktop.

I have Windows XP, depending on what you have it may be slightly different.

We'll use Dovey's fireworks as our example.

Right click on the picture

Left click on Save Picture As(older versions might be just Save As)

Save it to where ever you keep pictures on your own computer ie. My Documents

Close everything out until your back to your desktop.

right click on your desktop anywhere that is not over an icon.

left click properties and the Display Properties box should pop up.

Click on the Desktop tab at the top.

Click on the Browse button

Find the picture you just saved and then click open.

Click on position and choose a setting Center,Stretch or Tile

Click Apply to preview it and then either modify the position or click OK when done.

You should now have an animated picture on your desktop.

JSN

I suggest sending all your stuff saved to your new e-mail box. You probably will be able to access your e-mail for some time. We were able to when we changed. You might want to cancel aol after your change so that you can access and move your saved things over. Just a suggestion. Hope it goes smoothly for you!!!

Ok!! I will not try to be a nice person...ok? I will not!!

Dovey,

It might depend on where your sending it to. If its aol going to hotmail you might have an easier time with it since they are joining in business. I know that from aol to yahoo always seemed to be a problem here.

Ok!! I will not try to be a nice person...ok? I will not!!

testing

shclogocolor.gif

cool if it works

Galen

ET1 SS - USN Retired,

Knight of the Rose Croix,

Knight of the order of St Andrew,

Pilgrim of the Ancient Arabic Order Nobles of the mystic shrine.

shclogocolor.gif

"I live in the spirit of prayer. I pray as I walk, when I lie down, and when I rise. And the answers are always coming. Tens of thousands of times have my prayers been answered. When once I am persuaded that a thing is right, I go on praying for it. the great point is never to give up till the answer comes. The great fault of the children of God is, they do not continue in prayer, they do not persevere. If they desire anything for God's glory, they should pray until they get it." - George Mueller

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...
Any suggestions for good (as in safe) locations for graphics? (I have tried a number of different pages of graphics and they either cost or I had to do a survey to get to the pictures, and then web site was asking me to download their program. )

Depends on how good you think Photobucket and Imageshack are.

I know I didn't have to download or pay anything to use either.

Probably depends on what you want to host.

An avatar would be a piece of cake,

but, say, an entire comic-book might be too much for free.

I am looking for a nice place to find graphic pictures -- my hobby is making up [tacky] greeting cards.

In answer to a prayer request for birthday cards for a man 86 years old who had lost his wife, and his will to live was waning, named Dewey Thompson, I was reminded of the camp song we did as kids:

"Dewey was the grass on an early morn in May.

Dewey was the Admiral at Manila Bay.

Dewey were her eyes as she bid her love adieu.

Do we love each other, I should say we do."

This has hand motions 1st line pat the "grass". Second line, salute. Third line wipe tear from eye. Fourth line give your friend a hug. For a card, I needed pictures. This job has been done, but I had to endure a lot of "testing" in finding the pictures I needed, and that's what prompted this request.

Thanks for any help you have.

NOTE: This was not a twi song, in fact when I did Children's fellowship I had a hard time using it. Now I know why. :rolleyes:.

Kit,

I do what Linda suggested. I use Google and select the 'images' option to find pics. But I don't have to do it that often so I'm not that proficient at it. But I'll tell you who you can PM who seems to be a master at it.. ChattyKathy. Also, those folks who play the pictionary threads on the Greasespot Reading Room forum.. you might PM some of them and get their tips.

sudo

Any suggestions for good (as in safe) locations for graphics? (I have tried a number of different pages of graphics and they either cost or I had to do a survey to get to the pictures, and then web site was asking me to download their program. )

Hiya Kit -- How be ye?? :) Hey, I just learned how to use photobucket, and it is awesome.

If you have a photo on your desktop,

you can upload that to photobucket, free and in your account.

You have to enter your e-mail addy, but there is no charge for that, or uploading pics.

And you have to find the pics on your own.

I've taken pics off of websites, saved them to my desktop,

and uploaded them onto photobucket, where you can send them from there, to anywhere.

Hope that helped!

click on Photobucket

and see what you can do with it. :)

Edited by dmiller