GreaseSpot Cafe

A fallen leaf

QuietThinker

Hi everyone, it's really nice to be here.

Much of my story can be seen over at the thread in how TWI can ruin relationships, but as a more formal introduction, I'll just reiterate that I'm 36, please-God-let-me-be-divorced-this-year, Mom of 2 kids, a boy and a girl, and happy now that I'm on my own again...

I should mention, too, that I had no dealings with TWI until 1994, I come from an intact family, both parents are still living, and I have three older brothers. My dad, a retired police officer, mentioned to me in 1995--"you realise that's a cult, don't you?"

I scoffed. One of the many times I regret not listening to my dad.

I'm picking the threads of my career up again, and going back to school--finally. So, I'm enjoying reading all the posts and information and am trying to kick myself in the @rse a little less every day.

:-)

QT

• 7 months later...

*** An Update ***

Well, Hello again, everyone.

I am sorry and must apologize for my unexplained hiatus starting in August of last year. What initially began as a vacation simply turned into another round of divorce negotiations. In August, I left to spend a week in Copenhagen, Denmark. While I was away, the person who came to feed my pets informed me I had a letter from my husband's attorney. I had her open it and read it to me. The gist was that another round of depositions needed to be scheduled and there was a quiet threat that my laptop would need to be surrendered. The complaint was that I was taking action to undermine my husband's role in the children's lives by interfering with his religious beliefs. There were other things, too, but, it was all basically a final-volley to renegotiate our settlement terms.

Acting on the advice of my own attorney, I left my laptop in Denmark and except for the use of email for work, I stayed away from all my own net-spots--not just grease spot. Nothing came of the threats and everything has been signed and settled, though we are still waiting for the final judgement to come in.

Also, I've left my former "day job" and have returned to school fulltime. I also work on campus in the Genetics Lab--a job I really love. I love being "Beaker!" I'm still writing, too--still have the kids, and things continue on in much the same way, except that I really am free to speak my mind now. It is incredibly liberating.

I'm sure it will take me weeks to get back up to speed, and I have, now, begun to carefully read all the posts I've missed since August. And there has really been a lot of activity!!!

It was nice to see a lot of people in chat last night, and I want to say thanks to Paw for looking me up, and giving me the encouragement I needed to return here. It is very nice to be back.

~QT

Glad you are back QT. We have a lot in common. We are the same age and our kids are the same age and we are both female!!!!!!! :rolleyes:

no pressure to catch up, just take your time.....