GreaseSpot Cafe

Introduce yourself

pawtucket

No, I'm as american as they come. I live in Maryland most of the time. My gentleman-friend is british and a resident of Denmark. He is here part of the year and we are there part of the year.

I've traveled in Europe pretty extensively since my separation and leaving TWI...I will probably wind up in Sweden after I finish my nursing program. Being a writer is wonderful, but I like more human contact than just my computer

:-)

QT

• 1 month later...

HI Paw I was doing Internet search for "churches" that do not believe JC is God . NO QA for now found everthing Thanks

.I was member of the way cult from 1978- to about 1989. What not known by many how many us were left behind : still living wayland playing old tapes , :Pfal class: I glad now known the real truth about V Pee,The tree was rotten from the ground up., from day 1 I so sad I never did get to meet Mr Seed at AV 79 I glad to here that there may now be less active members"paying Mafia fee", - 10-15% payoff : then the group went Wow with in 1981-1982 "3100?"

Edited by andy Bear

• 2 months later...

Thanks paw, we really love the Euro Forum it will be great maybe to

find old friends and maybe help any one with questions.........

This is great. :dance:

Edited by marypoppins

• 1 month later...

Hopefully, the people who've logged in for the first time in the past couple of says will see this:

This particular section of Greasespot is here so you can ask a few basic questions, get the lay of the land, etc. Feel free to check in, ask away, etc.

Thanks.

• 10 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hi Pawtucket.

I'm new to the new GS.

I was around in the beginning but needed to 'take off' as some group of innie types (does anyone still call them that? my bad) were hassling me far too much at home during a time I was in recovery from a serious health crisis. I wasn't able to keep up here and focus on my life and health issues and keep everyone in my personal life calm about my circumstances.

All went well. I've checked in here or heard from someone once in awhile.

Moving along, Im healthier today then I was before that crisis happened.

I feel, after listening to your radio programs, and reading some posters here that I remember perhaps from their Day 1 - that this GS experience has been worthwhile.

Even the guff (that the more liberal or farther-removed from the way) people have swallowed in the process, perhaps from fear, I even see this was not in vain.

People who are finding themselves again do read things here that understandably take them out of their comfort zones.

I see we all make it through this life when we are determined to create the necessary changes and surrender that victimhood when it becomes burdensome to us or others. Whether we went through lousy marriages, fraudulent religious experiences, unhealthy childhoods, car accidents, any injustice perhaps, fill in the blank - you name it, you will survive what you want to survive.

I'm glad people choose not to wallow here.

It's makes all the difference in how the site is perceived.

(I think some of us have chartered the happenings here from time to time.

It would be great if you could compile some stats, as you mentioned in a radio rap.)

Kudos to you Pawtucket, for your endeavors.

Not only do the recent departures from the way sound great, but they are civil, open-minded, social individuals, making decent independent lives for themselves as they see fit. The way couldn't knock them out. Greasespots, my eye.

It's really nice to hear people on your shows. They were different then a post or a hundred could portray.

Every one is so 'good to the bone'.

They made me laugh, cry and visualize their goals too.

Anyway, I'm not worried about the petty stuff anymore. Life is too short to get ripped off for even an hour!

Hope you had a Happy Birthday, Thanksgiving, and are revved up for the winter.

You are a prince!

hi paw, this is jeffsjo. I'm glad you posted this for questions, especially as I have a couple. I,d like to know how to post a message of a more ptivate nature to a member. I understand the need for privacy on the net even though I'm new to it in general. All a person has to do is listen to the news to understand that.

For the kind of fellowship that I think may develope here it seems there may be a need to talk to someone or leave a message for someone that I wouldn't be comfortable posting publically. I'm not sure if that kind of capability is built into this site and if it is I certainly don't know what it is or how to do it. If you could get back to me on this I would certainly appreciate it.

Thanks

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hello. I'm new here and trying to figure out how to post. I found this web site a few days ago and have been reading, reading, reading.

I attended my first "twig" in the fall of 1973, took PFAL in the spring of 1974, was involved in the College WOW program, then went WOW in 1977. I intended to go into the Way Corps after that, but things didn't work out. I got married in 1980, and my then-husband and I drifted away around 1986. I was wrapped up in dealing with my own problems at that time, so I didn't know a lot of what was going on in the ministry, although I would hear from time to time about people leaving. Sometimes people would tell me snippets of things, assuming that I knew other relevant details, which I didn't. Reading the information on this site has been really informative and has helped me find closure to some issues that I hadn't dealt with.

It's been great to read that some of the people I knew back then are alive and well today! That's how I found this site in the first place. I thought of someone I hadn't seen or talked to since the 70s, did a Google search, and found GSC. I'm looking forward to reconnecting with people I knew as well as meeting new friends.

Thank you for making GSC available!