GreaseSpot Cafe

Thanks Paw + Say Hi

Pete

I'd just like to take this opportunity to thank Paw for setting up this Forum. Thanks Paw. :wave:

If there's anyone else in here, welcome to Greasespot Europe! If you like you could maybe post a short reply to this thread to say Hi. No pressure, you're welcome to just hang around in the background if you prefer, OK! :)

Cheers,

Pete

• Upvote 1

Hi Pete! How do? (said in my best Yorskhire accent, of course.)

And mucho gracias from moi, as well, Paw. To quote another Greasespotter, "You totally rock!"

I am looking forward to reconnecting and chit chatting with many friends, and former comrades here. :dance:

Edited by ex10

Hey, I didn't even know they served Guinness in here!

Now that I know, I'll visit more often!

Just remembered - visiting Ireland next weekend so will make a point of hauling over some of the Irish guys to join us for one! That should get the party rolling! :beer:

Pete

Paw

Our main visit is to relatives near Carrickmacross. Thats just south of Monaghan. My missus knows a few people in Monaghan, though. If you PM me any names I'll ask if she knows them.

The funny thing about Ireland is that if you talk to a complete stranger for long enough, eventually you'll find somebody that you both know. This always seems to work. Also, a lot of the ex-Way folk are from well known families, so it's not unusual for people to have heard of them.

We were in County Clare on holiday about 3 years ago on the coast north of Lisdoonvarna, but we don't really know people there. ( :dance: Breaks into song : "Oh, Lisdoonvarna, Lisdoon, Lisdoon, Lisdoon, Lisdoonvarna........"). Know a few folk in Galway though.

Another funny thing about Ireland, if you've been abroad and developed a bit of a tan, when you go back to Ireland and take a trip out on the beach, the sun there actually bleaches away your tan! Not many people know that.

Are your family from Ireland?

Pete

• 2 months later...

Well hello y'all. Just joined you lot, and ex10 and Pete, you know who I am.

Will be seeing some other exWayers at the w/e so will see if any of them want to join in/know about GSC too.

Are there any non-English speaking exWayers who log in, I wonder? Might there be need (perhaps within this forum) of a French speaking subforum? Just musing.

Twinky

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all, this should be a great site, there is a lot going on in Europe right now,

I am Marypoppins and my husband is powerfilled we live in the south west of the united kingdom,

we have a great website so click my name and check us out,

Hi Twinky, great name, you sure do purrrrrrrrrrrrrrr like a ***** cat...........LOL.

Thanks for putting us forward to join the Euro forum.

Yes it really was a great weekend,. shame WC was in a tent he didnt stay in a tent

when he stayed with us, he was part of our family, and we had a fantastic time, everyday

after lunch he would open the Word to us at our request, and shared God's Word with

such heart and Love. I now look at the book of Philemon soooooooooo much more different

i read it with the heart it was written with. Most people just go to Timothy and Titus but there

is sooooooooooooooooo much more heart in Philemon, and this is expected of the leadership

today, and for sure it shines in WC.

What a powerful teacher he is.

Are there anymore peeps out there from the United Kingdom. Would love to hear from you.

Thanks Paw, great to see a site for the European people/believers

Ok lets party :dance::dance::dance: Mine is a Guiness pint please.......... :dance:

• 10 months later...

Hello Tom, are you joining us now?

I think most of the Europeans are getting on with their lives.

Who out there knows some non-Brits? I wonder if there are any E Corps out there?

• 1 year later...

Well hello y'all. Just joined you lot, and ex10 and Pete, you know who I am.

Will be seeing some other exWayers at the w/e so will see if any of them want to join in/know about GSC too.

Are there any non-English speaking exWayers who log in, I wonder? Might there be need (perhaps within this forum) of a French speaking subforum? Just musing.

Twinky

hello twinky,

i am an exWayers and i live in Belgium. I am a french-speaker.

there are many exwayers in europe (France, Belgium, Germany, Nederlands) but many of them speak french and don't know GSC.

And few are aware that VPW was a liar and that his teachings are erronous, so many exWayers are involved in Christian Family Fellowship.

Welcome, Alex!! Good to see someone else from Europe here.

I think you are right. A lot of exWay folk have migrated to CFFM or set up their own ministries. There are quite a lot on France, in Germany, and in Scandinavia.

Did you ever visit at Gartmore when that was part of TWI or its European offshoot?

Enjoy your visits to the Cafe!