GreaseSpot Cafe

What is 666?

Dot Matrix

We did not talk about Revelations much in TWI. They had their head in the epistles.

When I would ask they said "the mark of the beast" or "we would not be able to sell without the mark of the beast."

Okay.....?????

What does that mean?

Looking at some other groups, some think it is all computer related. We will have a "chip" in us like they currently do for pets... Gee that could be in our lifetime. Or they think it is bar code related - again computers.

But I keep thinking about it being computer related because I am looking for another job situation and most places want you to apply on line. I do not look good on just a piece of paper. I fair better by walking in to a place or knowing someone. But even in places where you have to apply on line, it doesn't matter who you know. (As the application flys off to some other location in some state somewhere.)

I know we can get into scripture, but I do not think it is only a doctrinal issue as I want to also know if you all are seeing the "signs" of 666 - the mark of the beast. So, I stuck the question here. I don't just want quotes of revelations. But with your knowledge of things, the church you currently belong to, or the fact that you do not believe in the Bible, do you see us moving toward the "Mark of the beast?" Do you think it is the computer systems? I do.

Dot_Matrix.gif

Dorothy Thompson:

Fear grows in darkness; if you think there's a bogeyman around, turn on the light.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

666 means ..... that Bill Gates in the Anti-Christ. And that AO-Hell is his prophet.

icon_eek.gif

Oh wait, .... the job of the Anti-Christ will be outsourced to some guy in India. Hey! Who said that the devil doesn't know how to save some buck$?

icon_biggrin.gif:D-->

My own secret sign-off ====v,

Rational logic cannot have blind faith as one of its foundations.

Prophet Emeritus of THE,

and Wandering CyberUU Hippie,

Garth P.

www.gapstudioweb.com

Oh, I certainly hope that the Beast will be revealed in our lifetime!

That would mean that we would be gone from here!

Revelations says that it is the mark of a man. Since when is a computer system a man?

But many of the other things talked about would seem to be fulfilled in computers.

Here's a little known fact that Cheer's mailman Cliff Clavin never mentioned:

Solomon received six hundred sixty-six talents of gold in tribute money.

Now the weight of gold that came to Solomon in one year was six hundred threescore and six talents of gold,

I Kings 10:14

Here is wisdom. Let him that hath understanding count the number of the beast: for it is the number of a man; and his number is Six hundred threescore and six.

Revelation 13:18

So VPW said that we weren't supposed to

focus on Revelation. It was *just* "for our learning" right ? In many ways you could

get the idea that Revelation wasn't even

part of the bible given the total lack of

attention towards that book.

My opinion is that the neo-psychedelic nature

of Revelation presented a unique challenge to

VPW's "intellectual" ability (I'm trying to be polite here). And because there wasn't much in terms of pre-existing material

to ripoff , he basically ignored the whole idea

of the apocolypse and focused on the more tangible references of the new testament.

Clearly VPW was not of the beatnik or hippy

movements, so dealing with abstraction made

him uncomfortable. And before some VPW loyalist makes references to his "works" in the Holy spirit field let me remind you that VPW lifted

/plagiarized heavily from the works of Stiles and Leonard which suggests that he lacked imagination (except perhaps in a business sense) and stuck to concepts that resonated , perhaps by chance, with a young, idealistic generation looking to improve themselves and the world.

I recall attempting to engage many Way leaders

in a meaningful discussion on 666, the antichrist and such but I was always put-off

and told that it wasn't "profitable" to focus

on that since we wouldn't be on the planet

anyway. I found it most odd that TWI would

choose to functionally ignore an entire book

in the Bible. Hey ! "Either its all God's word

or it isn't , right ? Either he lied or

he told the truth ? Which is it ?" So

what gave VPW the right to pan Revelation ?

Given VPW's fascination with "accuracy and precision" its "logical" that we should study

the beginning and end of what is inarguably one of the most influential books in human history.

but no. Because VPW said to ignore Revelation

then that was the end of it. If you hold

VPW to his own standard then you can't just

throw out the book of revelation ! Oh But he did...

quote:
Originally posted by diazbro:

My opinion is that the neo-psychedelic nature

of Revelation presented a unique challenge to

VPW's "intellectual" ability (I'm trying to be polite here). And because there wasn't much in terms of pre-existing material

to ripoff , he basically ignored the whole idea

of the apocolypse and focused on the more tangible references of the new testament.

Yes, and all I ever heard him say about books on The Revelation, like Hal Lindsay's series, was that they we're ripping-off someone else. (Before he could.)

Talk about the pot calling the kettle black.