Hello everyone!

:wave:

I've been lurking on this forum for weeks now. I've read threads

going back pretty farI'm glad a forum like this exists

where ex-wafers can vent their frustrations about the collapse

of a once-so-promising organization. I'm not quite as bitter as

some people on here (who seemto be bitter for a good reason),

because my family and I got out when I was 13. I was never so

vested in the Way that I blame it for anything. I was born into the Way.

I was in the Family Corps, Family 12. I grew up with all the same songs

andattended all the same Childrens Fellowships many

of you seem to have. Reading this board, I'm glad we got out when

we did. But, when we left I must admit that it seemed like a huge

void was cut from our lives.

I've had trouble embracing any other religion or fellowshiping with

any people who are not "believers". I tried going to churches but it

seems like I know more about the Bible than some of the preachers do.

I probably don't, but thats the mindset you have when you are

from the Way: that everyone else is sooooo misled because they don't

know how to "rightly divide" the word. This saddens me because now,

I have kids of my own and I want them to learn about God, but I still

fear that they won't get adequate instruction in churches. I could try

to teach them on my own, but I feel like I'm inadequate in that department

too.

One good thing about the Way is that it taught us to put God first.

Sure, the leaders seem to not embrace this principle, but when

my family and I were putting God first, when we were

doing our four fifteens everyday (remember those?) everything

seemed so much easier and simpler. Maybe its because then,

I was in my youth and everything was more simple anyway,

but I long for the days that I really believed that God could meet

all my sufficiencies if I just went to Him.

Anyway, I just wanted to finally introduce myself and tell you a l

ittle about me.

Edited by nowgrown

Nowgrown,

Welcome!! Good to see your font here. So how many kids 'ya got and how old are they? And as far as the their religious education goes?? Home school 'em! Sounds like you may fit in with some of the TWI offshoots like CES. Christian Education Service. I don't have their web site URL handy though.

sudo

Thanks for the introduction Nowgrown.

I'm still sorting so much out, I don't have much direction to give you.

I do know God will answer your heart's desire as you make them known...

And that the folks/connections of this here Cafe have been a HUGE factor in God answering my prayers and desires.

I'm sure all will agree that we look forward to hearing more from you..if that is how you're so led. :)

Enjoy the dance, and the beverage of your choice!!

:dance::dance::dance::dance:

Nowgrown, welcome to GSC. You may want to check out Christian Family Fellowship from Tipp City,OH; Christian Research Fellowship from Marietta,GA; and Spirit and Truth Fellowship International(formerly Christian Education Services) from Indianapolis. Leaders are consectively Wayne Clapp and John Shroyer;

Rochelle Hendricks; and John Lynn and/or John Schoenheit. Other possibilities are Vineyard Ministries(late John Wimber); Hillsongs Churches; Alpha International(based in London,England); Freedom in Christ Ministries in Knoxville,TN. There are also house churches/home fellowships which are non-denominational.

Don't count out the mainline denominations, they have improved over the decades. God bless you in your journey. Agape, Thomas

Welcome to GSC, Nowgrown.

I was at RC at the same time as your first year, as my family was F11 (as are a few others who post here). Our oldest son was 8-10 years old while we were there, so I probably was around you in Children's Fellowship and no doubt know your parents.

Happily, as far as I've been able to determine, most of our Corps left twi shortly before or after graduation, though I've heard a few who stayed in a little longer or migrated over to ex-twi splinter groups.

Glad to hear you got out and on with your life. Happy reading and posting.

J.

welcome nowgrown

stay away from all those stupid offshoots

let your kids grow up in neighborhood schools (unless you live in a some kind of terrible place) this is just my opinion

raise them from your heart with a lot of love and wisdom. you'll be fine. you already are

welcome aboard. I have found since I can't seem to stomach religion either that I try to do my best to teach my kids what I know. I still have the collaterals and they love God. I don't push it on them just make it available to them. My oldest is the only one that ever spoke in tongues but now she refuses to. At least I know they are born again and I am giving them a solid foundation.

Welcome, Nowgrown!!

You're in the right place for healing, understanding and support, but I'm sure you already figured that out. :)

Two books that really helped me when I first got out and that I continue to recommend for people is "The Subtle Power of Spiritual Abuse" and "Rleasing the Bonds: Enabling People to Think for Themselves". Both answered lots of questions and helped heal my heart in so many ways.

This is a great place to meet folks and enjoy good conversation. Feel free to move from booth to booth. Sometimes the best conversations take place at the counter and that can be found in the Chat Room. It's real-time, but beware that occasionally there will be a food fight. :evilshades:

Welcome Nowgrown,

you have found the place for healing. I found out about this site about 3 years agp now and the insight that I have fotten from here has helped me heal alot.

I don't go to one organization to get the truth. I find out what each one is teaching and see if it lines up with the Word. If it does then I try to teach it to my 3 wonderful kids. Sometimes they take to it sometimes they don't. I don't push them into anything since we left 4 years ago.

I have great respect for almost all of the posters on this site. I have learned so much from just reading what is posted. I then check out the doctrine part by going to the Word.

I don't post much as I am still learning how to kick some of the old habits that I learned form TWI.

Again welcome and enjoy the people here.

Dale Kennedy.

Thank you to all that responded. As I have been "out" now most of my life and have not been subject to the rebuke of TWI leaders as many of you were, I feel that I don't have much to contribute to most of the conversations on this site. I feel like much of the doctrine I was drilled with in TWI was wrong and manipulative. But, I still feel as though the majority of the people I met there were genuinely caring people who followed their hearts and believed in God. I get the since that the same is true for the majority of posters on this site. I miss those people and those relationships greatly.

nowgrown, welcome. You did good by reading lots of threads before you posted. It helps to get a feel and an overview before you jump in!!!

Anyway, I still believe that the Bible is true. I have believed that since a little girl. Don't let bad things make you doubt your beliefs in the Bible. God is still our sufficiency.

Since walking away from twi after 19 years being involved, I no longer accept the things I was taught in twi, but I still believe what I was taught as a child growing up in church and a Christian home.

I discovered Waydale and then Greasespot 6 years after leaving. It has been quite a ride learning what I have about the organization that I gave my time as WOW twice, my hard-earned money, and everything else that goes along with attending twigs for that many years.

Enjoy the menu and have fun!!!!!!!!!!!