GreaseSpot Cafe

Six Years Ago

Hope R.

.... was the day we officially left TWI.

Even though I had mentally left 5 or 6 years earler - there was a tremendous relief lifted from my heart knowing that the long, strange trip I had started nearly 29 years before was finally over.

It's hard to explain - but the past 6 years feel much longer - like I've been out longer than that.

I was involved in TWI from the age of 16 until I was 45. Much too long. In the past 6 years I'm surprised at how easy it's been to de-program myself from the wrong teachings and the wrong way of thinking that had been ingrained in me for my whole adult life.

I will forever be grateful to websites like Trancechat, Waydale and Grease Spot for giving me an outlet to release my angst and the patience to put up with me while I was regaining my sanity. Those of you who moderate and host these sites are doing more good than you may ever realize.

Thanks ---

Hope R.

In the past 6 years I'm surprised at how easy it's been to de-program myself from the wrong teachings and the wrong way of thinking that had been ingrained in me for my whole adult life.

Hope,

Yup......lots of chaff burned up real quick, eh? :biglaugh:

Happy 6 years of regaining your individuality...!!!

Cheers (and beers) to you and hubby. :dance:

Six years being free from the "walls of Zion"...Now that's what I call "Release from your prisons"! :biglaugh:

Good one! :biglaugh:

Hope,

Congratulations on the great escape. Have a drink (or 3) to celebrate.

I was 21, kicked out at 47. (We didn't leave but were asked to leave by Gilxxs and Mneyhands.) Not one word of thanks for decades of service. It was one of those "don't call us, we'll call you" scenes that were so prevalent.

Best part of the whole experience was meeting lovely Hope. First thing we did together was ditch a Corps meeting and went for beer and "other things". It was true love. :biglaugh::biglaugh:

Next best was meeting many other great people who can be considered true friends.

Poo Poo on those in TWI and Geerites who dump you when you are no longer in their little group. This includes the youth groups on My Space who seem to be following the legalistic and close minded footsteps of ther oldie predecessors.

We'll be here with open arms when you leave. We understand.

Happy 6th anniversary of freedom to both of you. Your posts have helped me many times though I had never told you, so now you know!!!!

Keep on keeping on!!!

I would love to meet you two next time you come to O'boro, maybe at Moonlight Barbeque or Old Hickory. O'boro is really growing.

Anyway, best of LUCK to your future.

Thanks again for your faithful presence at GREASESPOT CAFE. :dance:

THANK YOU TWO SOOOOO MUCH!!!

You've both done so much to help so many of us. :love3: I imagine there's even more folks you helped that you'll never know about.

John was the first person I ever contacted when I was beginning to learn the truths about TWI. Treated me with kid gloves and never once laughed at the intense paranoia I had.

Hope, all those phone calls! You helped me SOOOOO much! Thank goodness for that gym membership or I'd have never had an excuse to get out of the house to talk to you. :biglaugh:

Congrats on your freedom, your sound minds, healthy bodies and truly more abundant life!!

Aww, you guys are so kind. :) Really, we are just like you. We all help each other in various ways. I can't begin to list all who have helped us and listened to us with understanding and compassion.

Never let anyone make you think you are out of fellowship. We have had awesome fun and fellowship here with great people who have hearts of gold. It is waaay better than some of our years of TWI. Who says you have to sit your butt in a boring little meeting to fellowship with each other? This fellowship is outstanding! And with people from all over the place.

We have gained more "spiritual insight and understanding" if you will, from this and other forums, than in all our collective years in TWI. I love how the Internet gives voice to all, no matter who they are. This was absolutely not available in TWI. I suspect it is not still.

This fellowship has provided us with incentive to meet some of you in person in the years to come. So now we have to travel places....darn! (Act, we bought a riverfront condo in Oboro, so we'll see you soon.). It's always such a treat to meet someone for the first time whom you have previously only interacted with online.

And if any of you are near Central Florida "You are always welcome at our house"

John & Hope Picture

John, Hope and Bell,

Almost eveybody on this WEB site have been tremendous in helping me since I was basically marked and avoided four years ago.

Most of your posts have helped me and my kids through the rough times and when something comes up from the past, I know I can still go to God and this WEB site to find the answers that mean so much to me and my family.

I met a lot of wonderful people that were forced to leave the so called ministry of our time and really found out what had happened after I was left to handle three young kids on my own. I found this site and Waydale to be much help in understanding what had gone on behind the scences.

I want to thank every body that took the time to anwswer my questions and help me find old friends and get through the mess. I am still in legal issues and may have to use the cult bit since they took her back to protect my kids. So that is where I am and I am a better father and person due to people like you that have an insite to what I should be doing.

So when ever you are in the Graeater Seattle Area feel free to contact me for a great cup of coffee, a great Belgum (SP) Ale or a great glass of wine on me. I do brew a mean creme proter and a great tiple Belgium (SP) Ale.

I am still working on the wine but will have it down soon.

Dale Kennedy :eusa_clap::eusa_clap:

Edited by dek52