GreaseSpot Cafe

Multiple Accounts

This may be something for the Forum Questions forum, but I wanted to ask here instead since it pertains to the rules of the site and may be better getting more attention here.

Anyway, I wanted to know what policy, if there is one, exists for creating multiple usernames on this site. I recall some controversy in the past where people would get into arguments and then allegedly come back under a different name. Is this something that is allowed, and if not, I am curious how it could be enforced.

some people have done it. In some cases, it is a matter of someone that hasn't posted in a long time and forgot their screenname. In the cases that I knew of, I sent the old screenname to them.

I discourage it. There, of course, have been exceptions.

If you need an official answer, then it is no.

I have had to give moderators alternate log ons so that they can enjoy posting and have some anonymity.

Thanks.

I've seen accusations pop up from time to time, and I believe there is someone on the politics forum that wanted to keep their political discussion free from the rest of the site so they wouldn't feel attacked.

Most sites that I know of discourage it, but I just wanted to check for here too.

Thanks for the response.