Jonny Lingo, As He Appeared Back In The Day

J0nny Ling0

(Indian tom-toms play intro)

(Cartoon bear doing some something)

Jingle: "From the land of sky blue waters (echo "waters"),

Hamms, the beer refreshing...."

(Cartoon bear finishes doing whatever)

"Hammmmmmmms..."

LINGO - a sweetie then, a sweetie now....

Pass me a Drewry's, please....lol.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I may be way off but wanted to know if those guys in those pics may be Jerrell and Howie?

Were you in Seattle area at one time? You do look familiar.

Your boys are very handsome. I got a kick out of the taller boys face. I call it the 'look'. My kids do the same thing when they are annoyed with the other one. Its a sibling thing.

Thanks for sharing, Jonny!!!!!

Vickles,

Those two guys are Riley and Luke. Riley, the older one giving "the look" is giving the look that we too call "the look". Although it was my daughter Meagan, the oldest, who first did it with our bunch.

And so, I will try to figure out how to post a picture of Mrs. Lingo, and daughter "Tialani" (Meagan). Also, maybe I can get a picture of "Keanu" on there. His real name is Trevor....

And, I lived in Alaska from 82 til 86, and we came down to Seattle a couple of times for corps meetings and region things. Went down to Portland once also. And, I did live in Portland, OR from 77 through till 79. And I do seem to remember som gale named "Vicky F" from somewhere back in Wayworld...We have moved back to Alaska though, "back" in 1993 till now.

And thanks you all for your compliments. It did me good, because sometimes I think I am starting to feel "old" at 49. Heck, in one more year I'll be half a century old. Weird...

Well Mr. Strange, I got me a Job. A good one. No more sheetrockin. My shoulders are feelin it, and it's time to move on. And, I got this really cool job at this place called DIPAC which stands for the "Douglas Island Pink And Chum" corporation. DIPAC is comitted to boosting Alska's salmon population, and is in effect a salmon hatchery. I am one of two of the "maintenance engineers", and we keep the "water rollin" (electrical pumps, valves, welding, etc) so that the baby salmon can grow up, go to sea, and come back to the various places where we plant them. Right now, we are in the middle of the biggest return of Chum (Dog Salmon) Salmon ever, and we have harvested to the tune of $20,000.00 worth of salmon eggs (the Japanese buy from us as caviar) A Day for the last three weeks! And also, we harvest by way of purse seiners=a type of commercial fishing boat-up to one million and a half pounds of chum salmon a day, bound for Asian markets where the protein is appreciated. http://www.dipac.net/index.htm

And so, I guess the "movin to Texas" thing was a bad case of "winter cabin fever", but I'm okay now, I'm okay. And, I don't think I could take the heat that "would make yer bloomin eyeballs crawl (a line from Gunga Din). And so, we stay put for the time bein.....

Fifty eh Toppie? Well, I still think of you as that sweet gal with the pretty eyes. And I would bet that your eyes are still "doe deer beautiful..."

Edited by Jonny Lingo

Well when I first came out here 4 years ago, I had just left the Way after 28 years. I was practically raised in the Way. (11 when I got in). So I was truly Free At Last. lol. Now I have been free from the cult's grip for a while and find there is still much to deal with. Like a WASTED life!!!!! :offtopic:

If you take a pic of your clan by some digital measures ie, cell phone or digital camera and then upload the pic that way. Otherwise a scanner can always produce a jpg that you can upload. looking forward to seeing the rest of your lovely clan.

His name is "Jake". Jake The Dog...

He is a German Wire Haired Pointer, or, in the "Dog World", a Deutsch Draathar, which literally means German Wire Hair.

I had a German Short Hair, the Grandson of the infamous "TJ", VPW's dog, and he lasted fourteen years and he was a fabulous dog, best friend, and Family Protecter. Yeah, I surely miss that guy. He died while I was away on a ship, and when my wife sent the word that old "Mr. Starbuck" was gone, I went and hid behind the starboard main engine of the M/V Kennicott, and cried my eyes out. It seems that a dog, not only represents the love you may have for hiom or for her, but also the "passing of and era" if you will. Yeah, good old Mr. Starbuck, what a fine friend he was to me. But before I went to sea, the week before, I kind of knew that he was going to be checking out and that I'd never see him again. And so, I bought him some big old chuck steaks, grilled them, and then fed them to him chunk by chunk. It was beautiful man, I tell ya...Got me cryin again all over the place thinkin about that...

Jonny--:cryhug_1_:

If there's a doggy heaven,

I know that's where you are--

About a billion miles away,

Standing on a star.

It's a doggy paradise;

No fences and no leads.

There won't be any do's or don'ts.

You can do just as you please.

There'll be lots of bones to chew

And lots of holes to dig.

There'll be lots of other dogs--

Little ones and big!

You can romp and play with new-found friends

Forever, don't you see?

So, why are you sitting at the gate

Just waiting there for me?

Zoa Rockenstein 1975

Yeah Free At Last. He was such a fine fella. Maybe I could post a pick of that old dude some how. And hey! I wrote a short story about him! Wanna read it? I'll just cut and paste it right here! No wait. I'll just start a different thread. I'll call it "Dances With Coyotes" the name of the story, and possibly thee name of the book I'll write about him some day.

And Toppie, thank you for that poem! That was really nice. Dogs are so fine when they are good ones....

Okay, look for that thread! :wave:

• 1 month later...