GreaseSpot Cafe

Here's another. This is a composite of the Saturn pic and a larger pic of Jupiter I shot the following night. I didn't know it at the time, but I caught its moon, Io, casting an eclipse on the cloudtops. Io is to the left of Jupiter and the shadow is at the lower right of the planet.

j1e.jpg

Zixar, that is really cool

I have a question, if you do not mind. I am trying to change my avatar. I have a cool picture on my c: drive. I have hit custom avatar in that change avatar thing, then I put in the URL and it shows up in the little box, I then hit submit, picture is still there and it says its been update....then poof there is nothing there (just look at the empty box under my name) What am I doing wrong?

Thank you.

It only works if it's on an internet server, not on your PC.

If your internet service provider gives you any personal web age space, you can use that to post your picture to, then post the address of the uploaded picture as your avatar.

The catch is that it's supposed to be 48x48 pixels square.

Thanks! I'm still sorting through the raw frames to find good ones to process, but they should get a lot better once I get the hang of this new camera.

I have quite a few shots of M42, the Great Orion Nebula, but the infant stars inside it were overexposed. I may be able to salvage something from them, though.

• 2 months later...

Is this one working?

Galen

ET1 SS - USN Retired,

Knight of the Rose Croix,

Knight of the order of St Andrew,

Pilgrim of the Ancient Arabic Order Nobles of the mystic shrine.

hospital_logo.jpg

"I live in the spirit of prayer. I pray as I walk, when I lie down, and when I rise. And the answers are always coming. Tens of thousands of times have my prayers been answered. When once I am persuaded that a thing is right, I go on praying for it. the great point is never to give up till the answer comes. The great fault of the children of God is, they do not continue in prayer, they do not persevere. If they desire anything for God's glory, they should pray until they get it." - George Mueller