GreaseSpot Cafe

Pool Table Wanted

Shellon

I'm looking for a full size pool table and assorted cues. Brunswick, I understand, is top of the line. Doesn't have to be that, but of course in very good condition.

The closer to Michigan the better for traveling to pick up options.

Check out Freecycle.com - Cindy! told us about it on here a long time ago and I've seen some pool tables, jacuzzis and unreal things be given away on our local ones!

I got a KILLER GENUINE LEATHER chair for my office. In EXCELLENT shape and the darn thing must have weighed 500 lbs. and cost well over $2000 brand new. FREE - All I had to do was come pick it up. :biglaugh:

Oh yeah, I forgot about freecycle.com

I'm not clear on how it works when I looked there, but I'll look again.

My dad and brother have put me on this hunt for a pooltable mission and they'd love free.

They've also got me looking at how much they'd get for an 87 Cadillac Broughn.

Edited by Shellon Fockler-North

Will do! I don't get pop-ups on it, though. :blink:

We need to get you a popup blocker. :)

Firefox has a good intrinsic blocker, goggle toolbar does as well. I strongly discourage the Yahoo toolbar as it is extremely invasive.

http://www.firefox.com

http://toolbar.google.com

My grandfather had one of the finest pool tables ever. After he died, it went to a cousin.

Another member of the family recently told me our cousin was looking to "unload" the pool table after all these years.

I'll get in touch with my cousin to see if this "rumor" is true. If so, I'll get some details about the table. She's located in the metro-Detroit area.

My grandfather had one of the finest pool tables ever. After he died, it went to a cousin.

Another member of the family recently told me our cousin was looking to "unload" the pool table after all these years.

I'll get in touch with my cousin to see if this "rumor" is true. If so, I'll get some details about the table. She's located in the metro-Detroit area.

Ah there we go, thanks grace

LOL strange texan

I wish you could SEE this cadillac, it's wonderful!!

And do you really want a "full-sized" table?

Lots of folks think that the standard tavern-sized is a full-sized unit. Not so.

A REAL full-sized table is 9' X 4&1/2', not the wimpy 8'X4' jobs that they have in the bars.

And then of course there's the "snooker" tables, but those are for the real officianados...

Edited by George Aar

And do you really want a "full-sized" table?

Lots of folks think that the standard tavern-sized is a full-sized unit. Not so.

A REAL full-sized table is 9' X 4&1/2', not the wimpy 8'X4' jobs that they have in the bars.

And then of course there's the "snooker" tables, but those are for the real officianados...

Oh heck George, I dunno. I assumed the tavern sized was THE size. (no pun intended Raf).

I'll ask

And dmiller, they've got one old man and a few cigars. hee