GreaseSpot Cafe

TV Pictionary

pawtucket

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You really don't want to upload pictures, you want to insert the images using the "picture" icon above the reply box. I wrote a more detailed version of the instructions on p. 22 of the "Movie Pictionary" thread, but here's a condensed version:

Open a second window of your browser, so you can find pictures in one and use the other to post here. Search images in your browser to find the one you want. Generally, pictures on a blog site or Flickr don't work well. Size doesn't really matter, but I prefer images about 250-400 on a side. Click the thumbnail of the picture to open the full sized pic. Right-click, and click properties. Copy the URL. Go back to Greasespot, and click the picture icon. Paste the URL into the message box and click Enter. You won't see the picture, but there will be a line between "img" brackets. Click Enter to go to the next line, and go find another pic. Repeat until you have the whole puzzle. Before "adding reply" I suggest "previewing post" just to make sure all teh pics work right. You may have to replace one of your pics, if it doesn't come up for some reason.

Let's pretend we're in "Movie Pictionary" doing "The King of Hearts" (a bizarre film that showed continuously at a theater in Boston for over ten years). I plan to do this with a single picture. I would like a picture of that particular card without the heart symbolk (to make it a bit tougher), but I don't see one. So I chose another; the numbers under the thumbnail indicate its size is 300x400, so I click the thumbnail to open the picture, and then open the properties, copying the URL: http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_AvfLqN0wLTg/SjqI3-WokwI/AAAAAAAAAJs/nLsK704z_XY/s400/king+of+hearts.jpg. It turns out to be on a blog, so I pick another: http://www.calculateme.com/MySpace/background-images/king-of-hearts.gif

I use the picture icon as explained above to insert the picture:

king-of-hearts.gif

Previewing the post shows that it will insert appropriately, so I go ahead and "add reply"

George

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...