GreaseSpot Cafe

TV Pictionary

pawtucket

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK... so it had Jennifer Love Hewitt's very nice "persona" in it... but I don't know the show, I never watched any of those shows... or at least don't remember watching them!

...although I do watch "Ghost Whisperer" but I don't think that's it...

OK... I just looked it up... (so I can't guess)... bad last clue! bad wabbit!

In general, I try to give clues that have the proper consonants, or reasonably close representations. For example, I might treat "d," "t," and "th" interchangeably, or "f" and "v." (One of the puzzles I'm proudest of was an early one I did with MIRROR + (Bill) CULLEN + (a ) DIRTY (face) + FORTS + TREAT (Williams) for "Miracle on 34th Street.) Rhyming sounds, or parts of words (like a banana for the sound BA), only make the puzzle more confusing.

I have no problem with PIE-TEA for "party,' though I probably would have used Jack Paar (or the part on a man's head) for the first syllable. The letter "F" and a beehive would have worked for "of five"; but those are just my preferences. I'm not trying to discourage anyone from playing!

I'll have one up later today.

George