GreaseSpot Cafe

Name that TV Show

Raf

The quotes about strawberries and "getting some" were from an e-mail. I remember the Tony Randall quote because it really cracked me up. If a star doesn't know an answer, he can make up a bluff or just say he doesn't know. That's when Randall said he felt no less a man for not knowing. When a star doesn't give an answer, the contestant is given the opportunity to answer or let the star try another. I never saw a contestant try to answer, no matter how easy the question was. Anyway, Randall gets the next question and says, "I don't know that, either." Contestant passes. Randall answers the third question; contestant agrees, because TR would not answer one he didn't know. Contestant wins the square.

You're up, Raf.

George

If you see three dots, it means a character's name has been spoken, and I feel it would be too much of a giveaway (although I might be mistaken). The second set of quotes goes down in my book as quite possibly the best moment of television I have ever seen.

"... What the hell do you think you're doing?"

"What?"

Driving drunk?"

"I'm not... What did you, tattle on me man?"

"You stupid, stupid son of a bitch. What the hell were you thinking about? Like every day in this house doesn't say to you you do not drink and then get behind the wheel!"

"Ok."

"Like you need to be told!"

"Ok! Fine. You made your point."

"No one gets through stuff together. You get through everything alone."

"Come on."

"She was alone. And not just at the end. The whole time. She couldn't ask for help, and I couldn't give her help, and that's the way it is."

"No, it isn't. Come on..."

"Get away! Get away! Get away from me!"

"... I care about you."

"Don't. I don't want you to care about me, okay? I don't want anyone to care about me."

"Why? What is going on ...? Are you like, blaming yourself? Is this about feeling like it's your fault or something?"

"No. No, you don't understand. I made a mistake, and, and I swear to God, I am not gonna make it again."

"What?"

"I am not gonna feel that way about anyone, anymore. I am not gonna love anyone, anymore. I can't. I can't. Please. It's too hard. It's too hard, and it hurts too much. So I don't wanna love anyone, and I don't want anyone to love me."

"Well, that's too bad."

"..."

"You don't have a choice."

"No!"

"Because I love you, ..."

"Please, ..."

"I love you. I love you, man."

Edited by Raf

"You'd make such a great father. You, like, never yell. And you never do that thing parents do when they're pretending to listen, but really they're just noticing you have a lot of wax in your ear."

"You can't tell me what to do."

"Oh yes I can, read the guardianship agreement."

"Oh, would you shut up about that already, ...? A piece of paper does NOT make you a parent."

Party of Five