GreaseSpot Cafe

Name that TV Show

Raf

I thought this would have been easy. Here's the gimme.

"I'm coming Elizabeth."

You know, you could have done another quote or 2 before the "gimme."

I suspected it might have been Sanford & Son,

but I was waiting for one more quote to make sure.

(Plus I don't like to bounce turns between just 2 people, and like to give

the others a fair shot...)

sorry wordwolf-I'l try to be more patient next time. When I wasn't getting any response, I didn't want to leave it sitting out there, and tried to 'move things along'.

I don't recognize waysider's quote, but it sounds like something out of 'Married with Children', or 'Benny Hill'

Yes. She had said that she wasn't his little girl anymore. He said the line in a tone and with a look in his eyes that still makes me shiver.

The first line was during an episode wher Archie was trapped in an elevator with a black man and an Hispanic couple. After one of Archie's tirades, the Hispanic man said, "I am an American -- equal to you!" To which Archie replied, "Equal to me? You're not even equal to (pointing to the black man) HIM!" It was so ridiculous I fell out of my chair laughing. I watched the show regularly after that.

You're up, Waysider!

George

The Wizard calling Tooter Turtle back from some time period he sent him.

Tooter Turtle (What a NAME) was part of 'Tennessee Tuxedo and His Friends'

These cartoons are sometimes assumed to be done by the Jay Ward studio that made "Rocky and Bullwinkle". The confusion is due to a similar graphic style (largely because they were both animated at the same Mexican 'factory'), and because at times, sybdicators have tossed Tooter Turtle, or Tennessee into the same half hour mix as Bullwinkle. The writing and humor of the shows was worlds apart. While Tennessee and Tooter were nice, they did not have the humor or satire of Bullwinkle. They were intended to be 'educational' as they entertained.

I gotta get to bed, and I'm out of town tomorrow. Anyone who cares to is welcome to jump in with new quotes, as I'm too tired right now.

"HHHHelp Mr. Wizard!!" Tooter would exclaim as the wizard would utter those words which would activate a tjme vortex that would spin Tooter back to his home in the present. The lesson that Tooter learned from his adventures was that the grass only seems greener on the other side of the fence. In my hometown it was run with the"King Leonardo and His Short Subjects" show.The show also featured a segment called "Fractured Fairy Tales" which was narrated by Edward Everet Horton. Good call, highway29.(Itchy Brother and Biggie Rat are here beside me and they are both saying---------"Next!!"