GreaseSpot Cafe

Name that TV Show

Raf

The first 2 quotes are from Yosemite Sam- The first while he's trying to 'draw a gun', the second during a shootout with Bugs Bunny on a train.

it's either 'Bugs Bunny Rides Again',

or one of the other Bugs, Sam westerns.

The next 2 quote are from Bugs-can't remember the title off hand but it's one of the 2 that feature the mad scientist and his odd, hairy ,monster.

Bugs feels like he's being watched from his rabbit hole because he is-by the mad scientist .

Bugs says the 'little slice of heaven' remark, as he tries to leave the scientists castle by packing a suitcase with clothes he doesn't own.

That good enough ?

IIRC, the "I'm a'thinking" was when they were playing cards like in the old Westerns,

with the loser getting out of town. Sam was considering what card to put down.

The ink WAS from when Sam thought he was shot-and thought the ink was blood.

The "being watched" was from the cartoon with the Peter Lorre-spoof scientist,

I think it's "Hair-Raising Hare." It's a LOT more recognizable comment, since

it's commented on in the cartoon.

And yes, the "little slice of heaven" was when Bugs was trying to leave.

"Well, goodbye!" He packs suitcases of someone else's stuff, makes the comment,

then runs off, leaving the luggage (and hat) scattered behind him.

However, the "series" was all correct, of course.

not to split hares, but- I was correctly quoting the second quote-I just didn't describe it to your satisfaction.

I was correct with the 3rd quote also, and yes, it's 'Hair -raising Hare'. The other scientist, monster cartoon is 'Water, water, everyHare', with the monster, but a different mad scientist-not the Peter Lorre type.

I did miss the card game quote-though the 'drawing a gun' was either from the same cartoon, or another western.

I don't remember an episode with a drawing of a gun, but I do remember Sam challenging Bugs to "Draw Poker," when Bugs immediately draws a picture of a fireplace poker. I think the same episode had Bugs winning with "two pair -- a pair of 'ones,' and another pair of 'ones.'"

George

1-"Don't rush me- I'm a'thinking.

And my head hurts."

2-"Why did you pour ink on my head?"

3-"Did you ever have the feeling you was being watched?"

4-"And don't think it hasn't been a little slice of Heaven...'cause it hasn't!"

The first 2 quotes are from Yosemite Sam- The first while he's trying to 'draw a gun', the second during a shootout with Bugs Bunny on a train.

it's either 'Bugs Bunny Rides Again',

or one of the other Bugs, Sam westerns.

The next 2 quote are from Bugs-can't remember the title off hand but it's one of the 2 that feature the mad scientist and his odd, hairy ,monster.

Bugs feels like he's being watched from his rabbit hole because he is-by the mad scientist .

Bugs says the 'little slice of heaven' remark, as he tries to leave the scientists castle by packing a suitcase with clothes he doesn't own.

That good enough ?

1-IIRC, the "I'm a'thinking" was when they were playing cards like in the old Westerns,

with the loser getting out of town. Sam was considering what card to put down.

2-The ink WAS from when Sam thought he was shot-and thought the ink was blood.

3-The "being watched" was from the cartoon with the Peter Lorre-spoof scientist,

I think it's "Hair-Raising Hare." It's a LOT more recognizable comment, since

it's commented on in the cartoon.

4-And yes, the "little slice of heaven" was when Bugs was trying to leave.

"Well, goodbye!" He packs suitcases of someone else's stuff, makes the comment,

then runs off, leaving the luggage (and hat) scattered behind him.

However, the "series" was all correct, of course.

not to split hares, but- I was correctly quoting the second quote-I just didn't describe it to your satisfaction.

I was correct with the 3rd quote also, and yes, it's 'Hair -raising Hare'. The other scientist, monster cartoon is 'Water, water, everyHare', with the monster, but a different mad scientist-not the Peter Lorre type.

I did miss the card game quote-though the 'drawing a gun' was either from the same cartoon, or another western.

Perhaps I was unclear.

The only thing I disagreed with was the "draw a gun" scene being when he was "a'thinking."

That was from the card game. "Gin Rummy's mah game, Sam." *shuffles* "Cut the cards." *Bugs chops with machete*

"Not that-away ya durned galoot!"

Since Sam lost the game- "GIN! You lose!" he was supposed to go on the train-until they saw all the women on the

train to Miami Beach. Bugs got past him and got on. "So, long Sammy! See you in Miami!"

"Hair-Raising Hare" WAS the mad scientist episode-and you described the opening scene.

I got the lines exact from that one because I quoted them directly off the captions.

I don't remember an episode with a drawing of a gun, but I do remember Sam challenging Bugs to "Draw Poker," when Bugs immediately draws a picture of a fireplace poker. I think the same episode had Bugs winning with "two pair -- a pair of 'ones,' and another pair of 'ones.'"

George

Sam was trying to sketch a gun with the soundtrack doing a playing of piano keys in the background.

As he drew, the notes played slowly, and miskeyed when he made a mistake,

and sped up when he did.

I forget which cartoon that was, but he WAS challenged to "draw a gun."

Bugs played a number of card games with different bad guys.

I forget if the two pairs was in the same episode he won at BlackJack after drawing one card- a 21.

=================

Now, I'm pretty sure hiway posted another movie?

Sounds like baldy jokes from "The Dick van Dyke Show."

If I'm right, someone else take my turn. I'll be on vacation for a week.

George

Why, so he did!

How about that!

This would be a great opportunity to jump in, for anyone who hasn't posted in a while,

who just wants to jump in anywhere.....

I must be the "Green Thread" that holds these games together. I leave for a week, and nobody posts new clues!

All right...

"It was the year of fire,"

"The year of destruction,"

"The year we took back what was ours."

"It was the year of rebirth,"

"The year of great sadness,"

"The year of pain,"

"And a year of joy."

"It was a new age."

"It was the end of history."

"It was the year everything changed."

George

• 2 weeks later...

"Ah, arrogance and stupidity all in the same package. How efficient of you! "

"What do YOU want?"

"I'd like to live just long enough to be there when they cut off your head and stick it on a pike as a warning to the next ten generations that some favors come with too high a price. I want to look up into your lifeless eyes and wave like this." [waves] "Can you and your associates arrange that for me, Mr. Morden?"

"The year of pain,"

"And a year of joy."

"It was a new age."

George

Right genre, wrong show.

"Why should I do as you say?"

"Because I have asked you; because your sense of duty to our people should override any personal ambition; and because I have poisoned your drink."

"Vir, stay. If you go, as a matter of honor, I will have to go with you, and if I am forced to leave this place, with all its marvelous opportunities, I will have to kill you... What are friends for?"

"Ah, arrogance and stupidity all in the same package. How efficient of you! "

"What do YOU want?"

"I'd like to live just long enough to be there when they cut off your head and stick it on a pike as a warning to the next ten generations that some favors come with too high a price. I want to look up into your lifeless eyes and wave like this." [waves] "Can you and your associates arrange that for me, Mr. Morden?"

"The year of pain,"

"And a year of joy."

"It was a new age."

George

Say, why don't you have that junior plastic surgeon you married design you a new face: one without a mouth!

A marriage is like a salad: the man has to know how to keep his tomatoes on the top.

All that matters is winning.

Power, money, and control mean nothing to me. I want a nice, ordinary life with my husband.

Look, you refugee from a stud farm, don't push your luck!

You're a drunk!

The Joan of Arc would be a drunk too if she was married to you.

Lots of men have tried to run roughshod over me. You can visit them in the cemetery.

Here's some more:

Barnes just broke the cardinal rule in politics: never get caught in bed with a dead woman or a live man.

You know, Sue Ellen, I do believe you're going ninety miles an hour toward a nervous breakdown. We're going to have to do something about your ravings.

Oh Barnes, you just get dumber and dumber every day.

Well, last night we went to the Oil Baron's and we ran into that termite brother of yours!

Are you talking to me?

Anyone else in here gotta termite for a brother?

Lost another one, did you, sugar? Hell, I got to hand it to you, you sure can pick them. A pansy, a crook, and an up-and-coming pauper. You are a veritable magnet for losers and failures.

"You make each day a special day. You know how, by just your being you. There's only one person in this whole world like you. And people can like you exactly as you are."

"Oh, Nurse Miller, well how in the world are you?"

"I'm just fine, X, but the real question is how in the world are YOU? You're the one who got hit with that teeny tiny hard ball."

"That's for sure."

George

Sounds like Mister Rogers Neighborhood.

Ladies and gentlemen, the story you are about to see is true. The names have been changed to protect the innocent.