GreaseSpot Cafe

Name that TV Show

Raf

• 2 weeks later...

"Well, I have a date too."

"Who is he? What's his name?"

"His name is... not important. What's important is, he's better than you, in every single conceivable way."

"DAMN, ... THAT COULD BE ANYBODY!"

xxx

"I did not lose a leg in Vietnam so I could serve hot dogs to teenagers."

"You got both your legs, ...."

"Like I said, I did not lose a leg in Vietnam!"

Edited by Raf

I was at a Airbnb townhome in Raleigh NC this past weekend.  The TV service was only Netflix, on which I saw a couple of &0s Show episodes.  That show wouldn't have even crossed my mind, otherwise.

As we've noted before, since most shows have dozens, if not hundreds of episodes, it's hard to pick quotes which aren't dead giveaways or hideously obscure.  I have not seen the show I have selected, though I suspect that the other three of you (and lurkers?) have.

"A day will come when you think you are safe and happy, and your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth. And you will know the debt is paid."

"The freedom to make my own mistakes was all I ever wanted."

"But what do we have left once we abandon the lie? Chaos? A gaping pit waiting to swallow us all."

"Chaos isn't a pit. Chaos is a ladder. Many who try to climb it fail and never get to try again. The fall breaks them. And some are given a chance to climb; they refuse. They cling to the realm or the gods or love. Illusions. Only the ladder is real. The climb is all there is."

George

Edited by GeorgeStGeorge

"I'm not crazy! My mother had me tested."

xxx

"You sign anything she puts in front of you, because you are the luckiest man alive. If you let her go, there is no way you can find anyone else. Speaking on behalf of all women, it is not going to happen, we had a meeting."

Edited by Raf

A TV show that I have been watching  for a few years and stars Anna Faris is called Mom (2013-).  Its hilarious.  A mother raises her daughter and goes to AA meetings to gain some control in her life after a long stretch with alcohol and drug addiction.  And her mother (Anna Faris's)  also a former alcoholic and drug addict, and ex-con lives (and goes to AA meetings too) with them and her mom pretty much is the reason for everything that went haywire in the first place by leaving her daughter alone to take care of herself (Anna Faris) . The daughter's daughter has her own set of hang ups stemming from lack of a good role model for her to follow.  Mom is smart, witty, clever and occasionally hits a vein that all of us can relate with, but is always very funny.   Some of the cast include Jamie Pressly, French Stewart and Alison Janney 2017  Academy Award winner for Best Supporting Actress in the film I, Tonya.  I would recommend it.

(Huh, posted this last night but for some reason it didn't get on the board)?