GreaseSpot Cafe

Name that TV Show

Raf

I always screw this up by making it too difficult or obscure, so here's an easy one:

"

....I want to file an assault and battery complaint and give you a tip on a kidnapping.

Who got beat up?

Who else?!

I was told that you were very reliable.

Reliable...but chicken

Edited by George Aar

Geo,

The Rockford files, eh? I really liked that show and watched it mostly in re-runs. I don't know where you guys get all these quotes but I've got a short one from another of my favorite shows. It came on Friday nights and I used to go over to my girlfriend's house on Friday nights. We'd watch this show and smooch on the couch.

--> Don’t be absurd. I am a genius.

--> You’ll never pull it off.

-->I will so!

sudo

Geo,

The Rockford files, eh? I really liked that show and watched it mostly in re-runs. I don't know where you guys get all these quotes but I've got a short one from another of my favorite shows. It came on Friday nights and I used to go over to my girlfriend's house on Friday nights. We'd watch this show and smooch on the couch.

--> Don’t be absurd. I am a genius.

--> You’ll never pull it off.

-->I will so!

sudo

Wilie E. Coyote? or was that VPW?

George,

Re:"I think we need more clues, Sudo!"

I agree. I don't see how you guys are able to guess the TV shows on this thread with the limited amount of information given in the first place. I swear you guys must be Googling all the time or something.

My TV show was real fun and the few little lines I posted weren't even between the two main characters of the show. Oh, the two main characters traveled in style alright. You guys remember how the Pinkertons traveled to get Butch and Sundance in Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid? But I digress....

This little short (pun intended??) conversation I posted was between a main character and a regular guest character I guess you'd call him. It was a great show guys.. even if I only saw bits and pieces of it because I was lip locked with my girlfriend most of the time.

sudo

George,

Re:"I think we need more clues, Sudo!"

I agree. I don't see how you guys are able to guess the TV shows on this thread with the limited amount of information given in the first place. I swear you guys must be Googling all the time or something.

We don't google to get the answers, though we usually do to look up quotes to post.

My TV show was real fun and the few little lines I posted weren't even between the two main characters of the show. Oh, the two main characters traveled in style alright. You guys remember how the Pinkertons traveled to get Butch and Sundance in Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid? But I digress....

I'm guessing that this means it's a western...

This little short (pun intended??) conversation I posted was between a main character and a regular guest character I guess you'd call him. It was a great show guys.. even if I only saw bits and pieces of it because I was lip locked with my girlfriend most of the time.

This, I suppose, would put it around 1970-1975.

Can you post more quotes?

George

Edited by GeorgeStGeorge

George,

Re:"This, I suppose, would put it around 1970-1975"

I'm just a tad bit older than you might have thought. Oh, I know I come across as so cosmopolitan that everyone thinks I'm about 25 years old but the sad cold fact is.. I'm an aging old man. My joints are aching and I have to take cholesterol medicine. I've got a birthday coming up.. I'll turn 39. Just like a well known comedian older folks here might remember.

sudo

George,

You're going to have to get better at your math. You know how much time a demisemiquaver requires, no? And you were figuring I was lip locked with my 9th grade girlfriend in 1970-1975?? Naw.. it was 1966. And the quotes I used? It was none other than James West and Dr. Miguelito Loveless. Remember him? This was a great TV show. md_arcade.jpg And somehow I thought it was more interesting to kiss on my 9th grade girlfriend. Imagine that.

Steve!... You got it man. So maybe you had a girlfriend while watching this program, too? I think my saying that it came on Friday nights HAD to have been a give-away. And what else do 9th graders do on Friday nights? Hee-hee!

sudo

George,

Re:"You left out that little detail."

Ohhh.. You're right :redface: . Well.. *I* knew I was in the 9th grade so that counts doesn't it? And besides.. who can deny this wasn't a great TV show even if the movie of the same name a few years back was a total dud?

sudo