GreaseSpot Cafe

Name that Star Trek Episode

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Sir... you don't know this. No one knows this. Because I've never told anyone. All of the things that I've worked for - school, my science projects, getting into the Academy... I've done it all because I want you to be proud of me."

"Sir, in the past three years I've lived more than most people do in a lifetime."

"Mr. Dirgo - I would appreciate it if you didn't bury me before I'm gone."

"If there is one thing that I've learned from you, it's that you don't quit. And I'm not gonna quit now. I've seen you think yourself out of worse situations than this; and I'm gonna think us out of this. You're not gonna die. I'm not gonna let you die. I'll get to the water. And I'll keep you alive, until they find us. I promise."

George

P.S. I tried to use twiztv to find the script, since I'm running out of IMDb quotes, and Memory-Alpha has none. My anti-virus software (AVG) blocked the site as harmful. That hasn't happened before. Any ideas what may have happened?

*checks*

I'm not getting warnings over the site.

I'd recommend "graduating" from AVG to Avast! Free or to Avira Antivir, both of which are

a bit less user friendly, but more effective in security.

I'd also recommend "graduating" from IE to Firefox, and adding various "Add-Ons"

to boost security. (NoScript, Ghostery, AdblockPlus, BetterPrivacy, Flashblock.)

• 1 month later...

OK, Let's play this one again.

"The Enterprise has been ordered to the Lapolis system. They're scheduled to depart at zero-five hundred hours after offloading three runabout class vessels. Meanwhile, our medical and science officers are arriving... and I'm looking forward to a reunion with a... very old... friend."

"Computer.... You and I need to have a little talk."

"That may be the most important thing to understand about humans. It is the unknown that defines our existence. We are constantly searching, not just for answers to our questions, but for new questions. We are explorers. We explore our lives, day by day. And we explore the galaxy, trying to expand the boundaries of our knowledge. And that is why I am here. Not to conquer you with weapons or ideas, but to co-exist and learn."

George

"You are throwing it all away... all of you!"

"You're being a fool!"

"Well, then, don't ask my opinion next time!"

"So, where can someone practice with his phaser around here?"

"The Enterprise has been ordered to the Lapolis system. They're scheduled to depart at zero-five hundred hours after offloading three runabout class vessels. Meanwhile, our medical and science officers are arriving... and I'm looking forward to a reunion with a... very old... friend."

"Computer.... You and I need to have a little talk."

"That may be the most important thing to understand about humans. It is the unknown that defines our existence. We are constantly searching, not just for answers to our questions, but for new questions. We are explorers. We explore our lives, day by day. And we explore the galaxy, trying to expand the boundaries of our knowledge. And that is why I am here. Not to conquer you with weapons or ideas, but to co-exist and learn."

George

Really? The Enterprise quote was intended to obfuscate? I think that quote helped me. I was able to identify the quote from O'Brien, so I wasn't sure if it was TNG or DS9, but reading about the Enterprise as something that could go away after leaving something made me realise it was DS9.

Then again, higway29 is right, now I have to think quotes. :(

Oh, well, let's see...

"Imagine what it must be like - hordes of rampaging Klingons, fighting and singing, sweating and belching."

"Sounds like this place on a Saturday night."

"Would *you* want to spend eternity here?"

"So, what did you find out?"

"That you should never try to match drinks with a Klingon."

"This gives me a chance to honor her memory, and I'm gonna take it. And that, my friend, is my final word on the subject."

"You know what this means, don't you?"

"Yes. That I'm risking my life for a very dubious cause."

"No. It means I'm going to risk my life for a friend who's risking his life for a very dubious cause."

"Imagine what it must be like - hordes of rampaging Klingons, fighting and singing, sweating and belching."

"Sounds like this place on a Saturday night."

"Would *you* want to spend eternity here?"

"So, what did you find out?"

"That you should never try to match drinks with a Klingon."

"This gives me a chance to honor her memory, and I'm gonna take it. And that, my friend, is my final word on the subject."

"You know what this means, don't you?"

"Yes. That I'm risking my life for a very dubious cause."

"No. It means I'm going to risk my life for a friend who's risking his life for a very dubious cause."

"Romulans - they're so predictably treacherous."

"I don't care how much he threatens me, that's the last time I ever sing 'All the Way'. He wants to hear it again, let him buy a Sinatra album."

"Pretty soon the Defiant will be going into battle, Worf will be happy and the rest of us will be miserable."

I'll give you more quotes to see if someone can remember the name of the episode...

"You want to get Jadzia into Sto-vo-kor - fine, fine, I'm all for it. But can't you do something more sensible? Make a donation in her name, or bribe someone."

"It doesn't work that way, Quark."

"Apparently there is a way for Worf to ensure that Jadzia gets into Sto-vo-kor. He has to win a great battle in her name."

"I could let him beat me at tongo."

"Not good enough - unless he has to carve his way through a hundred Jem'Hadar to get to the table."

"What makes him think she's not in Sto-vo-kor?"

"Well, for one thing, she never ate the heart of one of her enemies."

"She always was a little squeamish."

"And secondly, she didn't die in glorious battle."

"You mean, being murdered by a Pah-wraith in cold blood doesn't count?"

Well, it's kind of spelled out now, but this is the episode where Worf's upset because the late

Jadzia, according to Worf, died and didn't make it to Sto-vo-kor, the Klingon Valhalla.

(So he has Vic sing "their" song and trashes the nightclub without explaining why.

Then Miles gets Worf drinking so he'll explain why-leading to Miles' hangover.)

He can get her there-but only by winning a great battle in her name. So, he's off to a big

battle, and the Defiant comes along.

Towards the end, Julian and Miles discuss "the Charge of the Light Brigade",

which is NOT a subject I'd want to discuss going into battle.

(The light brigade was given foolish orders and followed them- leading to their

trying to charge through a "killing field" and being moved down by cannon fire.)

• 2 weeks later...