GreaseSpot Cafe

Name that Star Trek Episode

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good enough. The title was "The Nagus." Zek announces Quark as the new Grand Nagus and pretends to die. (It's all a test to see how Zek's son Krax would behave. He failed the test.) It's an early episode, so the Jake/Nog friendship is just beginning.

Incidentally, Keiko was not in the episode. Miles was filling in as substitute teacher. (And, yes, the homework was about ethics!)

George

"Villains who twirl their mustaches are easy to spot. Those who clothe themselves in good deeds are well-camouflaged."

"What do you think?"

"It's hard to tell. He is very closed... but...He is hiding something."

"I've managed to acquire my former staff... My aide, Sabin Genestra, from Betazed, and my assistant, Nellen Tore, from Delb Two."

"Are you... aware... of any other Romulan-Klingon connections that Starfleet Command might have encountered recently?"

"I don't believe... what Starfleet Command knows or doesn't know is for me to reveal."

========================

"Let's make sure that history never forgets the name...Enterprise."

"Federation ship Enterprise, surrender and prepare to be boarded."

"That will be the day."

"Mr Castillo?"

"Yes, Captain?"

"Inform the crew - we're going back!"

"A warrior's drink!"

"Military log, combat date 43625.2."

BTW, I never explained this one which was answered before.

The first quote is very quotable-and Picard is referring to the Enterprise-C.

The second quote was the militant Picard-who will NEVER SURRENDER. This was a nice contrast. :)

Mr Castillo was 2nd-in-command of the Enteprise-C. Captain Garret told him they were going back-in time.

Worf discovered prune juice in this episode and considered it a warrior's drink.

The book "The Klingon Way" pointed out the Klingons seem to have many bad associations with WATER.

One insult is "The blood of Klingons has become water." Worf thinks swimming is "too much like bathing"

and doesn't like to swim. With that in mind, Worf thinks prune juice is a fitting drink for a warrior-

it is nothing like water!

This is also the only episode where the Captain's log and stardate are replaced with

"Military log" and "combat date", which were giveaways early on this was a different story.

Ok, back to the current round....

"Villains who twirl their mustaches are easy to spot. Those who clothe themselves in good deeds are well-camouflaged."

"What do you think?"

"I've managed to acquire my former staff... My aide, Sabin Genestra, from Betazed, and my assistant, Nellen Tore, from Delb Two."

"Are you... aware... of any other Romulan-Klingon connections that Starfleet Command might have encountered recently?"

"I don't believe... what Starfleet Command knows or doesn't know is for me to reveal."

This is clearly not OS, Voyager, or Enterprise. I not only do not recognize the episode, I can't tell yet whether it's NG or DS9.

George

"What do you think?"

"A review of the sensor logs indicates that every systems reading was well within normal parameters until fifty-two milliseconds before the explosion."

"We haven't found anything that suggests there was a malfunction anywhere along the line."

"It is fitted with an optical reader...specially modified to read data from Starfleet isolinear chips.He can extract digital information from a computer... encode it in the form of amino-acid sequences, and transfer those sequences into a fluid in the syringe... Then he injects someone, perhaps even without their knowledge..."

"Or perhaps with their knowledge..."

"The information would be carried in their bloodstream in the form of inert proteins."

"The body itself becomes a conveyor of top-secret files..."

"What do you think?"

"A review of the sensor logs indicates that every systems reading was well within normal parameters until fifty-two milliseconds before the explosion."

"We haven't found anything that suggests there was a malfunction anywhere along the line."

"It is fitted with an optical reader...specially modified to read data from Starfleet isolinear chips.He can extract digital information from a computer... encode it in the form of amino-acid sequences, and transfer those sequences into a fluid in the syringe... Then he injects someone, perhaps even without their knowledge..."

"The information would be carried in their bloodstream in the form of inert proteins."

"We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, it's all ancient history. And then, before you can blink an eye, suddenly it threatens to start all over again."

"My father was a great man! His name stands for integrity and principle! You dirty his name when you speak it. He loved the Federation! But you, Captain, corrupt it! You undermine our very way of life! I will expose you for what you are!"

You might be on the wrong track....

"What do you think?"

"This is J'Dan's. It is fitted with an optical reader...specially modified to read data from Starfleet isolinear chips.He can extract digital information from a computer... encode it in the form of amino-acid sequences, and transfer those sequences into a fluid in the syringe... Then he injects someone, perhaps even without their knowledge..."

"We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, it's all ancient history. And then, before you can blink an eye, suddenly it threatens to start all over again."

"My father was a great man! His name stands for integrity and principle! You dirty his name when you speak it. He loved the Federation! But you, Captain, corrupt it! You undermine our very way of life! I will expose you for what you are!"

"The blood of all Klingons has become water."

"You've admitted your crime. Why lie now?"

"Let's keep our perspective, gentlemen. Just because there was no sabotage doesn't mean there's not a conspiracy on this ship. We do have a confessed spy."

"And he had confederates."

"Do we know that for sure?"

"Of course he did."

Me, I was curious whose idea it was to have a member of KISS appear on a Star Trek show. ;)

Edited by WordWolf

Was this "Drumhead," where a young Romulan pretended to be Vulcan in order to join Starfleet and was wrongly accused of being a saboteur on the Enterprise?

George

It is "The Drumhead."

Your description was almost completely off, however.

The Klingon J'Dan joins the Enterprise in the officer exchange program. He turns out to be a spy,

and is caught in the investigation following an explosion in Main Engineering.

Retired Admiral Norah Satie (played by Jean Simmons) arrives to investigate, along with her old staff.

She uses the Betazoid's empathic abilities to decide who to focus the investigation on, which Picard

objects to. The investigation covers everyone who ever met J'Dan, including a medical technician named

Simon Tarses. The explosion turns out to be an industrial accident-metal fatigue and not sabotage.

Simon Tarses, however, is still being investigated. His Starfleet records show him as 1/4 Vulcan,

but he's 1/4 ROMULAN and lied on his application. His career is over.

(One of the novels later said he started over and made it through the Academy, becoming a medical Doctor.)

There's nobody else guilty except J'Dan- but Admiral Satie is determined to find the conspiracy of

traitors onboard the Enterprise.

So, your turn!

It is "The Drumhead."

Your description was almost completely off, however.

The Klingon J'Dan joins the Enterprise in the officer exchange program. He turns out to be a spy,

and is caught in the investigation following an explosion in Main Engineering.

Retired Admiral Norah Satie (played by Jean Simmons) arrives to investigate, along with her old staff.

She uses the Betazoid's empathic abilities to decide who to focus the investigation on, which Picard

objects to. The investigation covers everyone who ever met J'Dan, including a medical technician named

Simon Tarses. The explosion turns out to be an industrial accident-metal fatigue and not sabotage.

Simon Tarses, however, is still being investigated. His Starfleet records show him as 1/4 Vulcan,

but he's 1/4 ROMULAN and lied on his application. His career is over.

(One of the novels later said he started over and made it through the Academy, becoming a medical Doctor.)

There's nobody else guilty except J'Dan- but Admiral Satie is determined to find the conspiracy of

traitors onboard the Enterprise.

So, your turn!

I had forgotten about the Klingon spy. My most vivid memories of that episode were of the Admiral's Queeg-like determination to find a conspiracy, and Picard's final refusal to play along. If I recall correctly, another flag officer in the tribunal got up and walked off after Picard's speech, effectively ending the tribunal. But, it's been shown my memory is somewhat erratic concerning this one...

"An entrance, captain, but no exit. They go in, but they do not come out."

"A killer first, a builder second. A hunter, a warrior. And let's be honest, a murderer. That is our joint heritage, is it not?"

George

"Yeoman Tamura, you stay here and prevent this young lady from immolating herself. Knock her down and sit on her if necessary."

"What kind of monster are you?"

"I'm a barbarian. You said it yourself."

"A killer first, a builder second. A hunter, a warrior. And let's be honest, a murderer. That is our joint heritage, is it not?"

George

"Death, destruction, disease, horror. That's what war is all about, Anan. That's what makes it a thing to be avoided."

"Diplomats! The best diplomat I know is a fully activated phaser bank!"

"Yeoman Tamura, you stay here and prevent this young lady from immolating herself. Knock her down and sit on her if necessary."

George

• 2 weeks later...

"Aye. The haggis is in the fire for sure, but I'll not lower my defenses on the word of that mealy-mouthed gentleman down below. Not until I know what happened to the captain."

"Once your ship was in orbit about our planet, it became a legitimate target. It has been classified destroyed by a tri-cobalt satellite explosion. All persons aboard your ship have twenty-four hours to report to our disintegration machines. In order to ensure their cooperation, I have ordered you, Captain, and your party held in custody until they surrender. If possible, we shall spare your ship, Captain, but its passengers and crew are already dead."

"Death, destruction, disease, horror. That's what war is all about, Anan. That's what makes it a thing to be avoided."

"Diplomats! The best diplomat I know is a fully activated phaser bank!"

George

I guess WW is as unfamiliar with OS episodes as he claims to be. This one was "A Taste of Armageddon," where the Enterprise happens upon two worlds that have been waging a computer war for centuries. "Casualties" are determined by the computers, and citizens are required to head to disintegration chambers when called. The idea is that infrastructure is maintained (no actual bombings), so the civilizations can progress. The Enterprise and crew are declared casualties. Kirk, of course, disagrees and blows up a computer, instigating a return to "real" hostilities. A Federation ambassador (who caused most of the trouble for the Enterprise) offers to mediate the dispute.

A scene I find particularly amusing is when Kirk and Spock blow up one of the disintegration chambers, the people headed for it scurry like rabbits. Why? They were there to get disintegrated, anysway! They should have run INTO the phaser fire! :biglaugh:

If anyone cares to continue, it's a FREE POST.

George

• 4 years later...
  • 3 years later...
  • 1 year later...

My TV provider (DirectTV) spent over a month negotiating with our local CBS station after the previous contract expired, meaning I couldn't watch several of my favorite shows.  (I think CW and CBS account for about 95% of my viewing.)  This included ST Discovery, the first season of which was airing on CBS late last fall, because new shows were late in coming.

Anyway, I signed on to CBS All Access, one-week free trial, to catch up on all the shows I missed.  As well as Discovery, I also watched some Picard and the cartoon Lower Decks.  I liked them enough to renew my CBS subscription.  (DirectTV and KHOU have worked out their differences.  My comments:

Discovery:  Odd that they went to the Mirror Universe in the first season, but it worked, with some nice surprises.  The characters are interesting.  I just hope we get to see more backstory on the bridge crew.  I've seen a few episodes from Season 2.  Still holding my interest.

Picard:  I've only seen two episodes.  It seems a bit plodding, although it might be starting to pick up.

Lower Decks:  I like it!  It's funny, with all sorts of homages to other ST shows.  The half-hour episodes also mean they're watchable without needing to dedicate a lot of time.  Hard to imagine a Captain having her daughter in her chain of command, but the conflict between the two is quite believable.

George