GreaseSpot Cafe

Name that Star Trek Episode

"I want you to start a new piece... I'd like you to sculpt... music."

"Music?

Counselor. Music is a collection of acoustic vibrations. How can I reproduce a sound with clay?"

"Think of the effects that sounds have on people... the images that music brings to your mind...

then give them a form."

"Worf said he's going to be teaching us some Mok'bara throwing techniques today."

"More like falling techniques...the last time we did that I was sore for a week."

"What's this?"

"I have no idea."

"Maybe Will left it here... a little present?"

"It's not quite his style."

"Then maybe you've got a secret admirer."

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Music?

Counselor. Music is a collection of acoustic vibrations. How can I reproduce a sound with clay?"

"Think of the effects that sounds have on people... the images that music brings to your mind...

then give them a form."

"Worf said he's going to be teaching us some Mok'bara throwing techniques today."

"More like falling techniques...the last time we did that I was sore for a week."

"What's this?"

"I have no idea."

"They must be changing the snacks around here."

"I don't recognize it. "

"Well, whatever you do, don't put it in your mouth......

....This is terrible."

"I like it."

"Then you can have it.. but it's not what I ordered."

"Let's see what they're trying to 'poison you' with...

Wait a minute... this stuff is bio-organic... there are oxygenated cells... serum electrolytes...

This looks like some kind of... blood."

"You're joking."

"I'm serious."

"I'm gonna have a little talk with the bartender."

"It might not be his fault. We should check out the replicator."

"Music?

then give them a form."

"What's this?"

"I have no idea."

"I don't recognize it. "

....This is terrible."

"I like it."

Wait a minute... this stuff is bio-organic... there are oxygenated cells... serum electrolytes...

"You're joking."

"I'm serious."

"If this really is an archive from some ancient civilization, we should allow it to do so. But we must be careful..."

"This 'library' seems designed to do far more than simply store information. Who

knows how much we could learn from it?"

"Music?

then give them a form."

"What's this?"

"I have no idea."

"I don't recognize it. "

....This is terrible."

"I like it."

"You're joking."

"I'm serious."

"If this really is an archive from some ancient civilization, we should allow it to do so. But we must be careful..."

"This 'library' seems designed to do far more than simply store information. Who

knows how much we could learn from it?"

"I've seen these things all over the ship. They all look the same... primitive and non-functional."

"Ceremonial... and deceptively primitive. Only an advanced technological culture

could have built that object out there. These artifacts must have played a ritualistic role in their society."

"Masaka is waking."

" I'm not "Masaka", Captain...I am Ihat."

Is this that goofy episode where Data becomes possessed by some moon god (or sun god, I can't remember) and Picard plays the opposite role to free him?

George

It's called "MASKS", and yes it is.

For some reason, I have a lot of trouble keeping interest whenever it airs.

But it's your turn.

This might be a little tougher:

"They left behind their trivial, selfish lives, and they've been reborn with a greater purpose. We've delivered them from chaos into order."

"Comforting words. Use them next time instead of "Resistance is futile". You may enlist a few volunteers."

George

"Congratulations."

"Regarding?"

"Assimilation is complete."

"300,000 individuals have been transformed into drones. Should they be congratulated as well?"

"They should be. They left behind their trivial, selfish lives, and they've been reborn with a greater purpose. We've delivered them from chaos into order."

"Comforting words. Use them next time instead of "Resistance is futile". You may enlist a few volunteers."

George

"There are three things to remember about being a starship captain: keep your shirt tucked in, go down with the ship, and never abandon a member of your crew."

"Congratulations."

"Regarding?"

"300,000 individuals have been transformed into drones. Should they be congratulated as well?"

"They should be. They left behind their trivial, selfish lives, and they've been reborn with a greater purpose. We've delivered them from chaos into order."

George

"That's how I like to see the Borg -- in pieces!"

"There are three things to remember about being a starship captain: keep your shirt tucked in, go down with the ship, and never abandon a member of your crew."

"Congratulations."

"Regarding?"

George

"How do you suggest we proceed?"

"You're the Borg, you tell me."

"That's how I like to see the Borg -- in pieces!"

"Congratulations."

"Regarding?"

George

this one should be easy

Capt. Kirk: All right, you mutinous, disloyal, computerized half-breed. We'll see about you deserting my ship.

Spock: The term "half-breed" is somewhat applicable, but "computerized" is inaccurate. A machine can be computerized, not a man.

Capt. Kirk: What makes you think you're a man? You're an overgrown jackrabbit. An elf with a hyperactive thyroid.

Spock: Jim, I don't understand...

Capt. Kirk: Of course you don't understand. You don't have the brains to understand. All you have is printed circuits.

Spock: Captain, if you will excuse me.

[Tries to activate the transporter]

Capt. Kirk: [blocks Spock's way and interupts] What can you expect from a simpering, devil-eared freak whose father was a computer and his mother an encyclopedia.

Spock: My mother was a teacher. My father an ambassador.

Capt. Kirk: Your father was a computer, like his son. An ambassador from a planet of traitors. The Vulcan never lived who had an ounce of integrity...

Spock: Captain, please don't...

Capt. Kirk: You're a traitor from a race of traitors. Disloyal to the core. Rotten! Like the rest of your subhuman race. And you've got the GALL... to make love to that girl!

Spock: That's enough.

Capt. Kirk: Does she know what she's getting, Spock? A carcass full of memory banks who should be squatting on a mushroom? Instead of passing himself off as a man? You belong in the circus, Spock, not a starship. Right next to the dog face boy!

[spock begins beating the stew out of Kirk - he picks up a stool, ready to hit Kirk, then stops - the spore's influence is gone]

Capt. Kirk: Had enough? I never realized what it took to get under that thick hide of yours. Anyhow, I don't know what you're so mad about. It isn't every first officer who gets to belt his captain... several times.

Spock: You did that to me deliberately.

Capt. Kirk: Believe me, Mr. Spock. It was painful. In more ways than one.

[Grabs his hurting arm]

Spock: The spores. They're gone. I don't belong anymore.

Capt. Kirk: You said they were benevolent and peaceful. Violent emotions overwhelm them, destroy them. I had to make you angry enough to shake off their influence. That's the answer, Mr. Spock.

Spock: That may be correct, Captain, but trying to initiate a brawl with over 500 crewmen and colonists is hardly logical.

Capt. Kirk: I had something else in mind. Can you put together a subsonic transmitter? Something we can hook into the communication station and broadcast over the communicators?

Spock: It can be done.

Capt. Kirk: Good. Let's get to work.

Spock: Captain! Striking a fellow officer is a court-martial offense.

Capt. Kirk: Well, if we're both in the brig, who's gonna build the subsonic transmitter?

Spock: That is quite logical, Captain.

Since I'm pretty sure I'm right (though that line could have been used elsewhere, as well), how about this:

"My lady."

"You've put on weight, and your hair is going grey."

"My deterioration is proceeding apace."

"I thought you would be in your grave by now."

"(laughing) I shall endeavor to die this year if possible!"

George